Delaware

Shower Favor Help Needed Pls!

Hi ladies!
I'm throwing a bridal shower next weekend for my best friend & am looking for favor ideas. We're expecting around 20 - 30 people. I threw a shower last month (which the bride went to) & want to do different favors. The last favors that I did were mini glass candles ($1 Xmas Tree Shop) that I covered w/ a "Congrats X & X" label w/ their photo. I'd like to do something nice along these lines while still not spending too much. Any ideas are welcome…TIA!!

Re: Shower Favor Help Needed Pls!

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can get compact mirrors or purse hangers for about 99cents each on ebay.

If your crafty like I am you could make chocolate lolli pops yourself. I helped with my baby shower by doing this and they were a hit but they do require alot of work(melting chocolate, filling molds and bagging finished product. I even made my own labels). You could even incorporate them into your centerpieces and cross that off your list too.

ETA- I didnt realize till after I posted this that you only had a week to come up with a favor. Xmas Shoppes has reed diffusers for $1.99 each or do something edible and slap a label on it like your candle.  Sorry thats all I can think of on a weeks notice.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You could put candy (mints, m&ms) into the Love tins at Michaels.
  • edited December 2011
    You could buy wine glasses at pier one or the dollar store and a case of mini-wine bottles.  Give people one of each.
  • edited December 2011

Michaels has flower planter tins that you could put an flower in.  People can then just keep them in the planter or add the flower to there garden.  The planters are .50 cents a piece and you can get a flat of annuals on the cheap at a garden center.  Ikea has glass bud vases for .a dollar that you can buy a few bouquets and add a stem or two to each.   Both of these make great decorations to the shower and don't take long to put together.

• edited December 2011
    Ditto some sort of candy in a container; you could do MMs in little organza bags, or little boxes or holders, and have them in a basket by the door for when they leave.

We found candy favor triangle shaped boxes at ACM on the clearance rack; 12 for a buck.  We got as many as they had, and we plan on doing what I suggested.  And for the record, no the boxes do not match any of my color schemes (They are burgandy and gold), but I don't care, and I know when I go to other showers, I don't care then either; I eat the candy and throw it away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards