Delaware

Rehersal Dinner Rehoboth Beach - HELP

So I am trying to plan our rehearsal dinner in or near Rehoboth Beach for August 12th and every restaurant isn't taking private parties because it's "peak season"
I know I am not the only person getting married on the beach during August - so where are all of these brides having their rehearsal dinners at!!

Any suggestions? :-/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehersal Dinner Rehoboth Beach - HELP

• wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why not make the trek to OC? it's a bit of a drive...but they'll be more inclined to do private parties i'm sure. how many people are u expecting?
  • tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried...
    Salt Air on Wilmington Avenue,
    Dogfish Head,
    Nage out on Rt. 1,
    Bethany Blues on Rt 1,
    Fish On (villiage of 5 points - lewes)
    Irish Eyes (Lewes)

We haven't decided on a place for our rehersal dinner, but we've looked at all of these and they are all great.  The ones listed above all have private room.
  • dcbowmandcbowman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're expecting about 30-35. How long of a drive is OC? I'm an out of towner ;)

Dogfish Head was my first choice - they don't have private parties during peak season. I emailed Salt Air and haven't heard back. I'll try the other ones!! When is your wedding tfinn??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OC - Ocean City is about 30-45 minutes from rehoboth.
  • edited December 2011
    My rehearsal dinner is June 10 at Bethany Blues. They have been really friendly and helpful- Big Fish may also have a private room area, so you could try there. Also, Salero in the Henlopen Hotel does rehearsal dinners, and I've heard they are very good!! Good Luck!!
  • chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Finbars on Rehoboth Ave (next door to Dogfish Head).  Georgia House in Millsboro also has private rooms and isn't to far away (30 min).  They also do catering if you have a place that you are staying.

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oct 8th.  We really wanted to do Dogfish, but the room is on the second floor and some of our guest would have issues with the steps we had to rule them out. 

We ate at Salt Air last weekend and the food was good.  However, they just re-opened for the season and were a little disorganized.   We would like to stay in town in hopes that we could meet up with our out of town guest after dinner.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas :) Salt Air said no because of peak season :-/ and my wedding ceremony and reception are at Salero...

Bethanny Blues did say they could do it - but I was a little put off by their website... I was afraid they would be a tacky bbq place.. it's so hard to plan things with out being in town... 

thanks for all of the suggestions... I'm trying Fins tomorrow..

so far this is the only stressful thing about the wedding, so I guess I really can't complain :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bethany Blues is all barbecue, but it is a really nice restaurant.  However, if we end up doing ours there I would definitely do a buffet rather then a served dinner.  Barbecue lends itself better to the buffet style.   IF our wedding wasn't in October, then I'd have them cater a back yard barbecue.
    edited December 2011
    Finbars is the winner :) thanks for the suggestions!

Incase anyone else is looking - Eden said they could do it too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For the record, Bethany Blues is a delicious, nice place. It's not tacky in the slightest. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in three weeks at Rehoboth Beach Country Club, and they are having their rehearsal dinner at Bethany Blues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards