Delaware

**cbrinkl3**

I didn't see your note about pictures until just now!  I'm sorry!!!

We looked into taking pictures at Battery Park in New Castle, but they charge a fee... and that was something that I hadn't budgeted out.  I want to say the fee is $100, but I could be wrong.  It's basically a license for the photographer to shoot there, because it's a state park. 

We took pictures right in front of our church, and we also went back to our neighborhood and took pictures there because there are a lot of trees there. 

The only downside for the Clarion is that RIGHT NOW there isn't a place really to take pictures outside.  They have a beautiful staircase & balcony in the lobby that makes for some very cool pictures, but nothing outside. 

I don't know New Castle very well, but I'm sure there are other places near there that you can find.  I was really bummed about Battery Park.  But on the other hand, MsBriarRose took pics at one of the parks (I forget if it was Brandywine or Rockford) and never called them... and no one stopped them!! 
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: **cbrinkl3**

• cbrinkl3cbrinkl3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for answering! I sometimes forget to check back here! lol

Yea, I know that when me and my fiance did the tour of Clarion, I noticed that there was absolutely nowhere to take pictures at except for inside (the staircase is awesome!). One of the main reason why my wedding is in the fall is for the beautiful fall outdoor pictures. Both of my venues are in New Castle. Do you think that it would take a long time to go to Rockwood or Brandywine and back to New Castle? My cocktail hour is only an hour long. It would suck to have the guests waiting around for me. I guess if push comes to shove, I will have to budget Battery Park's fee into the wedding. Thanks for your advice!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You'll have to pay the same fee at Rockwood, Rockford, or Brandywine.  So if you're thinking about doing a State Park, I'd just suck it up, pay the fee, and do it at Battery so you're close to the Clarion.

Where is your ceremony?  Maybe there someplace around the ceremony you can do it?
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • cbrinkl3cbrinkl3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im still debating on if Im having the ceremony at a church in New Castle or just having ceremony and reception at Clarion. There is nothing around the church that would be suitable for picture taking (not even the church itself lol). I think I will just suck up the Battery fee. Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards