Delaware

Rehearsal Dinner Loacations?

Hey Girls,

I am looking for a place to hold my rehearsal dinner. I will be having approx. 30 attendees and am lookng for a place in N. WIlmington or right over the PA line. I would like place where we will have either semi-private room or private room. Also, not really interested in a banquet menu, would like my guests to pick anything they like from the menu - any suggestions?? Thanks!Wink
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Loacations?

• edited December 2011
    We had ours at Buckley's Tavern, which is right on Rt. 52- right by the DE/PA line.  They had us in a private room, separate from all the guests. 

Now, we did have a banquet menu, if you will- we had 3 different entrees that they could choose from, which were all amazing and yummy and I pretty much ran around stealing bites off of everyone's plates.  But, if you wanted, you can give them the regular menu and have them order from that instead.  You would have to work that out with them- one of the reasons they do the banquet menu is to make it easier on their servers as well, so any place you go may have restrictions on that.  They just don't want 30 different orders thrown at the waiters, then something go wrong and then the complaints and etc etc. 

Anyway, we did have an "open" bar...well, kind of.  We didn't pay for the open bar, but our guests didn't know that.  What we did was told them to open a tab, and put all the drinks on the one tab, and we would pay the tab at the end of the night, instead of paying for the open bar option.  It turned out to be much, much cheaper.

They offer dessert too, but we cut costs by totally eliminating dessert and bringing our own.  We actually decided to nix regular cake, since we were getting it the next day, and went to costco and BJs and bought cheesecakes (a regular one and a mixed kind one) for dessert.  Saved a heck of a lot of money and people were really happy with dessert!

Overall, we were really happy there.  The atmosphere was awesome, the food great, the drinks yummy....The only thing to warn you about is parking, the parking up there is limited and you have to park on the street if the lot is full. 

Hope that helps you out!
  • edited December 2011
    You should try The Wedge. It's right over the PA line on 896- A friend had her rehearsal dinner there and it was delicious! We're thinking of having ours there if we decide to have one. I hiiiiiiighly recomend them.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Stanley's Tavern has an upstairs that you can rent out.  They're on Foulk Rd.  We use them for company parties a lot.  It's pub food, not fine dining... but it's GOOD pub food.   I can't really think of anything else that's really in North Wilmington.  All other NW restaurants are chains.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    yea we thought about Stanley's but we have an older crowd joing us that will not be able to do the steps for their banquet room but thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards