Delaware

Checks! Dress, church, reception venue =)

It's been a crazy 6 weeks since my March 12th engagement.  2 weeks into the engagement and we decided to do an Oct '11 wedding instead of May '12.

I am so excited and thankful to say
 - a week ago I ordered my dress (Designer=Ella Rosa, shop=Brides and Grooms, Newark).  I'd been to 5 dreses shops and tried on ~30 dresses!
- I secured (with a deposit) my church (Bethel AME Wimington, DE)
- I secured (with a deposit) my reception venue (Greenville Country Club, Greenville, DE)

Thanks to all the advice on this site for bridal gown shops and reception venues! TREMENDOUSLY helpful!

Now on to photographers and DJ's. I'm close to deciding on a BM dress.Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks! Dress, church, reception venue =)

• wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woohoo! it's always a great feeling when u get the really major checks out of the way! ^_^
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  Great job!  You are really inspiring me to get going on my planning too!  I'm 11/5/11 and still need to finalize a few vendors (booking ceremony musicians is currently driving me nuts!)  I tend to stalk more than post but the girls on here have always been a big help.  Let me know if you need any photog recs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoa! congrats on the checks. We are using BlackSilver Imaging for our photo/videographer (based in PA) and DJs Available (based in NJ) for our DJ & lighting. good luck with the rest of your vendors Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for my DJ i'm using DJ Ron Macomber of AAA Entertainment in Felton, DE. he used to own 1 of the biggest companies in this area (sorry can't remember the name) & trained a lot of the solo DJ's too. only reason he doesn't still own the company is he thought he was gonna move so he sold it lol. i found he gave the most info up front out of all the DJ's i contacted & lets u meet with him in person however many times u want! 

my photographer is Pete Lounsbury in Newark or whatever u call that span of Kirkwood HWY near DB. he's been really great & a good price if u're on a budget. I'll be picking up my engagement prints from him next week (i hadn't had time to go get them yet since i live in LSD).
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that's great!!!

My DJ Is Jenny Z Mobile DJ.  I think there are 2 other girls on this board who are also using her, but I can't remember.  She's been getting increasingly popular though, so she's booking fast.  She already has a number of dates booked for 2012 and 2013.

I'm using Paul Lutes for my photographer.  www.prlcreative.com. He's pretty new, but very talented.  He was the photog at my cousin's wedding 2 years ago and her pics were gorgeous.

Tom Barrett DJ is very popular on this board.  And there are a lot of very talented photographers in the area... so I have no doubt that you'll find someone!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • MrsPnky2BMrsPnky2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the recommendations ladies!

FI has a friend who DJ's and my girlfriend's husband is a DJ.  I haven't heard any of them and am not a fan of doing business with friends sometimes so I'm not sure how I feel about using either of these 2 options.  I also don't even know how you go about picking a DJ unless you've been to an event they did....???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_checks-dress-church-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:c8d58268-2588-4f0e-b226-ee261a2da14cPost:4e284aa9-21be-4505-8983-d4a92bc89ec3">Re: Checks! Dress, church, reception venue =)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for the recommendations ladies! FI has a friend who DJ's and my girlfriend's husband is a DJ.  I haven't heard any of them and am not a fan of doing business with friends sometimes so I'm not sure how I feel about using either of these 2 options.  I also don't even know how you go about picking a DJ unless you've been to an event they did....???
    Posted by MrsPnky2B[/QUOTE]
    i started off by emailing a bunch of DJ's in the area. depending on how they soon & thurough they responded, i checked into them more. in the end Ron Macomber had the most detail, sent me a DVD of events he's done (he won't let u see him at a private event live out of privacy for the customer) & had a great price for all he's giving me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards