Delaware

The Grand Opera House Review

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!

For weddings they rent out the Baby Grand. You get the whole theatre, lobby, hallway to yourself. It has it's own entry way from the street so if other shows are going on it's not an issue (which was my biggest concern). You get married in the theater on stage, then you can have either just the cocktail hour or that and the reception in the lobby. They also have a room upstairs (you get your own private elevator). It's called Studio One. It's a huge room with hardwood floors and extremely high ceilings. The cheapest place i've looked at so far. I'm definately in love even if it's not the theme I was going for.

Going to see more places today! I will let you all know!

Re: The Grand Opera House Review

• Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! It sounds like you might have found your space.  Def decorate the elevator :)
  • JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i thought so too.. but then... I saw Bellevue.. ughhhhhhhhh. Why is my taste so expensive!! lol
  • edited December 2011
    I am not going to say one way or the other (esp with the info that they do it in the baby Grand, that makes much more sense and is much more doable!).

What I am going to say is this:  I know you had a vision for your wedding.  But remember that the vision can change.  Remember to try to stay flexible.  You don't want to go with something because it was absolutely part of your vision and end up miserable because you end up dreaming about the other venue all day long.  In the same way, don't do the same thing because of budget; if the cheaper one is the one you go with, do it because you love it, not because you needed the pricing.  There are ways to cut pricing (talk to the people at the venue; do a Friday or Saturday; do an offseason wedding, etc).  There are ways to make it work.

I just want you to be happy; it sounds like you love both, but it also sounds like you like Bellevue only because "it fits the theme".  Remember, you can tailor your venue to what you want it to look like.  It sounds like the baby Grand has an open upstairs (is that where the reception would be, I am confused on that?) that you could turn into what you wanted.

Just saying, one bride to another, do what you want, but don't try to remain stiff and unmoving on ideas because it didn't fit with your original theme.  Be fluid, and move with ideas; let the creativity juices flow, and go with what makes you happy!
  • JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I know you are right. To me, the theme is ME. I am a southern belle - that's how I was raised. Bellevue was everything I love - I didn't cry when I found my dress But I cried when I saw Bellevue. How weird is that? So I know in my heart Bellevue is the place. I just need to work out the budget. Nothing compares to the way I felt in that place.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, then, it sounds like you found your place :)  Hoping to hear that you are able to work out pricing and all with them- I really want to see your vision come together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards