Delaware
Options

Rehoboth Beach Venue (a bit long)

Hi Knotties!! I am in desperate need for advice - hope someone can help!
We are planning a beach wedding from Ohio. For a few months we were set on Virginia Beach, appointments were made, we drove 8 hours to get there over 4th of July weekend and didn't like a single place we looked at. I realize it's a good thing we went and checked them out so we can cross them off the list, but I am so disappointed  to be back at square one again.
We really want a reception site with an amazing view of the ocean - the sites we looked at in VA Beach didn't have that... 
So here is my dilemma  - I stumbled across Salero in the Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach. The packages look great, the view from the dining room looks fabulous and it's within our budget - I am just nervous to invest the time and money in another trip. 
Has anyone been to a wedding there or stayed at the hotel? Is it as nice as it looks online??
Are there any other venues in the area you'd recommend?  

Thanks for listening! I'm ready to pull my hair out!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehoboth Beach Venue (a bit long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Southern NJ?  There are a lot of beach/ocean view venues in Atlantic City, Ocean City and Cape May.
  • Options
    dianarjanedianarjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Salero May 7,2011! It is just as beautiful in pics as is it is person! A big selling point is def Dawn the event coordinator! She is great! You should get in touch with her she can help you. Also they are on facebook and have a lot more pics there! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Dewdrop (a knottie who married a while ago) had her wedding there and LOVED it.  Her pictures were really awesome, too.
  • Options
    dcbowmandcbowman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! I checked out their Facebook page and it was really great to see actual wedding pictures in the room. I have the reassurance I need to make the trip - and (I'm a bit challenged with geography)my mom pointed out that it's not too far from Ocean City MD where we used to visit a lot when we were little - I've been wanting to go back for a while so this is perfect ;)

I'm really excited again!! Thanks so much :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Diane74756Diane74756 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I visited it. It's fabulous. Beautiful view of the ocean. The hotel beneath it isn't much to look at, but Salero is on the 8th (top) floor. The couple who own it are very friendly and down to earth. I've spoken with some people that have held weddings there and they said that everything went without a hitch and they loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another option is the Rehoboth Beach Country Club -- My friend's sister got married there in June, and my friend liked it so much that she's also having her wedding there next year.
  • Options
    shannonlsmithshannonlsmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Indian River Life Saving Station, Lighthouse Sound (berlin, md)
  • Options
    So what did you end up going with - I am also in a very similar situation and looking at Salero - any advise of great venues in Delaware would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards