Delaware

Beach Wedding (Similar Post to a previous person)

Hi Girls!

I've popped on this board a few times before, (NAME: DONNA, FI: PATRICK) and now I'm getting really into finding a wedding venue and need your help!
FI and I are from Baltimore and I really want a beach wedding.  Vacations for us have always been OBX, NC; or island getaways.  However for my wedding, I want as many of our friends and family to be there as possible, so I'm looking for something a little closer.  Have looked at places in OCMD (so far have not found anything that doesn't look SUPER cheesy) or one of the Delaware beaches (which I'm not familiar with at all). 
Looking at local photog's blogs, I've seen a place Rehoboth Beach Country Club.  Does anyone know if that is still around?  Their website isn't helpful whatsoever, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Also, how far is Lewes, DE from places like Rehoboth, MD area?

Thanks so much ladies and I hope to be on this board more frequently shoud I find a location!!

Re: Beach Wedding (Similar Post to a previous person)

• edited December 2011
    Hey Donna! I live near baltimore =)  Lewes is about 10 minutes away from rehoboth, I'm not to sure how far away from Ocean City it is, about 30 mins. I've heard of RBCC but i'm not sure if its still around. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a house in RBCC.  it's nice and the area is pricey.  I don't know about the club itself though as a venue.  I'm sure they have a website. 
  • daizbydaizby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of place r u looking for? Since u mentioned the RBCC, I asume u want a formal venue? I thought it was a private club. OC, MD is a long haul from Lewes in summer traffic(prob an hr at least- depends on what part of OC, as it is a big town)); if it's a summer wedding. Baywoods Golf Club  in Millsboro is awesome, tho it is in the middle of nowhere, and not on a beach. It is the local "nice" place for a wedding. Expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I am from Lewes and Rehoboth and I have been to plenty of weddings in the area. Rehoboth is about 2 hours from Baltimore and Lewes is about the same. They are about 15 minutes apart but still very close ideally.

I have been to at least 20 weddings at the RBCC. It is a gorgeous venue especially if you are having a big wedding (could probably accommodate 400 or so) They have other rooms they can shut off if you want a smaller venue feel. It has amazing views of the bay. The only kicker is that it books out well in advance so inquire early.

If you want a smaller feel with a wedding on the beach - i highly suggest the Lewes Yacht Club (I am getting married here in October of this year). It is gorgeous and right on the beach. It only hold 250 max though. Please feel free to contact me with any more questions!

I might be a little biased but RBCC or LYC would be much better option than OCMD :)

Thanks!
    Sarah
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter is marrying at Rehoboth Beach Country Club in July 2010.  It is a beautiful sight to marry overlooking the water (on a golf course).  It isn't cheap though.  If we had it to do over again, we would not have a peak season wedding in Rehoboth as it is very pricey and no deals to be had.  Still, it promises to be an awesome place to marry.  And it beats picking sand out of your toes.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter is marrying at Rehoboth Beach Country Club in July 2010.  It is a beautiful sight to marry overlooking the water (on a golf course).  It isn't cheap though.  If we had it to do over again, we would not have a peak season wedding in Rehoboth as it is very pricey and no deals to be had.  Still, it promises to be an awesome place to marry.  And it beats picking sand out of your toes.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,

Yeah beach weddings!  I am getting married in June at Salero in Rehoboth Beach.  I looked at RBCC and I loved it.  We ended up picking Salero because my Dad liked the idea that it was in a hotel and guests wouldn't have to worry about driving home after the reception.  Salero is on top of the Henlopen Hotel and overlooks the beach and the ocean.  Our ceremony will be right on the beach...if you love the beach, it's the perfect venue.  You can check it out at www.saleroonthebeach.com Dawn and her husband Dave (also the chef) are the owners and they are so easy to work with. My questions have all been answered quickly and thoroughly. Cheryl at the RBCC is awesome too, super sweet.  In my opinion, either one is a great choice for your reception!

Hope this helps!  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Nassau Valley Vineyards in Lewes de in 2008. It was great!! It is the only winery in the beach area!! I had a great day of coordinator as well that did everything for me..just a suggestion. It isn't on the beach but close enough. I got married in the fall. they have a website with all of their information and the contact is peggy raley. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards