Ohio-Columbus
Options

Lurkers - Introduce yourselves

thanks to our newest lurker turned poster megndon for being brave and joining the ladies on the board.
anyone else want to introduce themselves? 

Re: Lurkers - Introduce yourselves

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are nice here on this board. Promise.
  • Options
    Karadee1Karadee1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only posted a few times here and on the Facebook page, so I will introduce myself!

I'm Christina, my fiance is Bradley. We're getting married at our Catholic church in Grove City and the reception at the Oak Room in the Columbus Athenaeum on Oct. 13, 2012.

I stalked this board hardcore when we were searching for a reception venue. Everyone's advice and experiences was really helpful! We chose the athenaeum ultimatley because I wanted a "one-stop shop" for my reception without having to think a whole lot about it, and still have an awesome reception. I'm in grad school right now, and graduate in May, just in time to really focus on wedding stuff :-)

That was a long intro, but here I am!

P.S. - I also stalk the Catholic wedding board and have seen you MissySue around. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, caradi!  It is nice to have another Catholic bride around :)

Enjoy your engagment and happy planning!
  • Options
    d1anna77d1anna77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've posted a couple times, but I've never introduced myself...

My name is Dianna and my fiance is Dan. We are getting married on our 7 year anniversary, August, 18, 2012. We live in Pittsburgh, PA, but are getting married in Columbus.

The ceremony and reception will be at The Loft at Dock 580 (formerly Smith Brothers). Dan and I are homebrewers so finding a BYOB venue was crucial. We will be brewing a wedding beer as one of our favors.

This board has been incredibly helpful for me since I am planning from another state. Thanks ladies for your insight/reviews/words of wisdom. Smile
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit Columbus.Weddings.com
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dianna, I love the idea of brewing beer as a wedding favor!  It is so personal.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally off topic, but Dianna, my mom spells her name the same way. Smile  I've always liked it better than with one N.

Welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive posted a few times as well but never introduced myself completely! My name is Kaleigh and my FI Chas and I just got engaged a few weeks ago! We finally set a date of September 8th,2012. We will be married at my church, St Brigid  in Dublin and then our reception will be held at Dock 580 (formerly Smith Brothers Loft)

I agree with everyone-- this board has been super helpful in the few things I have planned thus far, I cant wait to get to know everyone better!!

Dianna- LOVE the idea of brewing beer-- my FI and I thought of this as well :) just havent decided forsure yet!
  • Options
    d1anna77d1anna77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Smile
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dianna, we know each other in real life!  We're FB friends--I just liked what you posted earlier today :)
  • Options
    AshLWAshLW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also posted a couple times, but haven't introduced myself! So without further ado...

My name is Ashley and my fiance is Luke. We have been together for 6 years and are getting married June 9, 2012. The ceremony and reception will be at Raymond Memorial Golf Course on Trabue Road.

My job has been fairly slow lately, so I keep finding myself on TheKnot and, basically, I'm obsessed.  Everyone is so insightful and friendly, and it's been a huge help in my planning process to hear about everyone's experiences and advice. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! I have been lurking on here for a little while, but have not introduced myself....

My name is Marie and my fiance is Greg! We have been together for 4 years and we are getting married May 12, 2012 at the Columbus Zoo.

This board has been such a great place to go to for ideas and information, it will be nice to be a real part of it!!
  • Options
    d1anna77d1anna77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Belle0000!! I sent you a private message.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Queeny, I'm getting married at the Columbus Zoo in 3 days!! You're the first person I've "met" who is also getting married there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Itsallnice-3 days, thats so exciting!!:) Please let me know how it goes! Congrats!!

PS. We are also using Picture the Love!!

• Options
    laurathereselauratherese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miss Owl, thanks for calling us out. :) I've posted a few times on here, I'm Laura and my fiancé and I are getting married June 16, 2012 at Via Vecchia. I couldn't make the get-together that they had not too long ago but I would love to get together and exchange ideas and tips with other VV brides sometime! I try not to get on here too much during work since I do and next thing I know it's 2 hours later, and I try not to get on the computer too much after work, but I just had knee surgery so I won't have an excuse not to be on here for a few weeks as I recover. I'm not very good at this whole wedding-planning thing as I don't like to shop around and I don't like to spend lots of money - I cringe every time I think about how much it all costs - so i appreciate all of the moral support and advice I get on here from you ladies when I do lurk. :) My vendors so far: Ceremony & reception: Via Vecchia Catering: Catering by Scott as he has an exclusive deal with Via Vecchia. Dj: Matt, who I booked through Mark Dantzer productions Photographer: Kelly Maughn Photography Florist: tbd Rehearsal dinner: tbd but I am thinking the athletic club (I have a ton of little nieces and nephews who will be in from out of town and the ACC has a bowling alley you can rent. Plus one of my girlfriends does event planning there so having her in charge will give us one less thing to worry about) Hotel block: our main block is at the renaissance and we also might do the comfort inn on s. High as it's close to VV and is more of budget-friendly option So, are we officially not lurkers anymore??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi THERE!

Getting married in June, work full time as a nurse, two different locations. So most of my time is spent lurking ;) lol

excited to use this great community for our special day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been lurking a bit and have found this board very helpful, so I will introduce myself as well.
    I am Amanda and my fiance is Victor.  We live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.  We are going to have a small ceremony and reception in FL on the beach with only immediate family and very close friends and then will have a big reception in Columbus, where I grew up.  Our wedding isn't until April 2013, so plenty of time.  We are planning on York Golf Course for the reception where my dad is a member.
    Love all the ideas and the vendor reviews are very helpful!
  • Options
    reynolsereynolse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have posted a few things (mostly begging for help), but I think this applies to me too...

My name is Sarah and my fiancé is Craig. We met at Miami University (OH), and are getting married July 21 2012 at Brookside CC. We live in Chicago, so planning a wedding from there has been interesting (honestly, we have only done venue and dress, and that took 2 days...). We are very laid back and both don't really know much about what it takes to put a wedding together, so all of the tips and advice here are greatly appreciated!

I am sure that as the date aproaches I will be a lot more active, so thank you in advance for all of your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I have posted a few times as well, but have not fully introduced myself... (p.s. sorry I'm late to the party!)

My name is Holly and my FI is Jeremy.  We met while going to school at Ohio State.  We recently bought a house in Hilliard, and are getting married in Columbus on June 23, 2012.  I have all of the BIG things done for planning :-)

Vendors:
    Dress: Alfred Angelo
    Church: Advent Lutheran, Upper Arlington (My grandfather is the pastor, and will be officiating :-) )
    Reception: Makoy Center, Old Hilliard, they also have their own catering
    Cake: Bess' Cakery (we're doing cupcakes!)
    Photographer: JBauer Productions
    DJ: Sensational Sounds Unlimited
    Flowers: Floral Design Studio
    Rehearsal Dinner: I'm thinking Spaghetti Warehouse, but I don't think they book this far in advance!
    Photobooth: Nash Imaging (I'm really looking forward to this!)

Went to look at bridesmaids dresses last night with MOH!!!!  So excited as it's getting closer!!!
    image 0 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards