Idaho

Wedding Planner

Do any of you have a wedding planner? I have had friends that have and haven't and I was wondering what the feeling is around here. If you do who did you go with? And if you have already had your wedding/are close to would you do it again?

Re: Wedding Planner

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't have a wedding planner, but my mom and I seriously thought about it.  I'm pretty sure that we're getting a day of coordinator so that my mom can actually enjoy my day too. We did take a community ed class through Boise School District with a wedding planner named Glenna Tooman (sp?) from Memory Makers.  She's really nice and has been around a long time.  But I have no idea how much she charges.  But you might check out the community ed class because she talks about a lot of the basics of wedding planning in Boise and she also has a book of venues that she'll give you her positives and negatives on any one.  Hope this helps! Good Luck!!  
  • edited December 2011
    Bliss Events...check out their site at blissevents.net They are amazing and have awesome, friendly staff.  I would highly recommend them, that is if it is in your budget.  I believe you have to spend a certain amount with them, like over 1200-1500 (or something like that). They can provide chairs, linens, decorations, invitations, etc.  They also have a florist.  I think that if it is within your budget it is nice to have, there is so much to plan and worry about that it makes your wedding planning less stressful. 
  • dreambigprodreambigpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Janelle DiOrio with Exclusive Events.  She is able to provide excellent planning and day-of coordination.  I believe she's even running a half-off special for remaining 2009 brides.  Her website:www.eventsbyjd.comAs for whether or not to have a planner/coordinator.  I think it's really valuable to have a coordinator for the day of the wedding.  There's nothing worse than not being able to enjoy your day because you're basically in charge of your own event.  Same goes for mom's.  Have someone step in and let you enjoy the day.Having a planner is a nice thing as well, but not as necessary in my opinion as a same-day coordinator.  I would still recommend that everyone use a planner (a good planner - there are many 'planners' out there that just have a list of vendors and don't really know how to help you plan).  A good planner can help steer you in the right direction on many important decisions and could also potentially save you money or save you from a bad decision.Anyways, those are my thoughts.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards