Idaho
Options

Help! In desperate need of a venue!

I am having a very hard time finding a venue and the wedding is coming up very fast. (september) I looked today on treasurevalleybrides.com and emailed one place is hopes its not out of our price range. we only have about $500 to spend on the venue? Any ideas? Please help me!!! Thanks ladies! 

Re: Help! In desperate need of a venue!

• Options
    shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome and Congrats!

What area of the Treasure Valley are you looking for? Try checking around at some hotels, even some that you might not think about. I just had my reception at the AmeriTel by Edwards 21 (It's now a Hampton, though) and I didn't think it was going to be all that great, and it turned out wonderful! (I work for the company, so I think I got a deal with the price, though.)  All I'm saying, is that you can make any place work.

Are you associated with any church? Sometimes even your childhood church will let you use it for a small fee or maybe even for free. When I was frantically looking for a place (Like you seem to be, LOL), I considered renting a large house like a vacation rental and using that.   You can check out Craigslist for that,(http://boise.craigslist.org/vac/) or just search for Vacation Rentals in Boise. Here's one site, but I think sometimes there is a 3 night minimum for some, though. http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/idaho#a12108 )  (I was considering McCall, but since we got married in April, we were concered there would still be snow, and we would have been right!)

There are parks you can use for a small fee, but you can't have your reception there. Like Katherine Alberston Park, or Julia Davis, but I think Julia Davis, which would be the rose garden, is booked way in advance, but it's worth trying. Here's a site for that. http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Parks/Reservations/index.aspx

Don't get too frustrated! I had a really hard time finding somewhere to have our reception, and settled for one of my last resorts, but that turned out being great! For our ceremony, we used the little chapel by BSU stadium, which was only $50/hr! It's picture perfect, see? =)

Anyway, I hope this helps a little bit, I was where you were up until 4 1/2 months before the wedding. Good luck and keep us posted! We need more Idaho brides around here! =)

image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That you can find appropriate site near? And your dress can be ready?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Those are some wonderful ideas that i am going to look into right away! We are in Boise and since we have family already coming from out oftown we dont want them to have to travel again. not more then an hour anyway. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is that $500 for the ceremony or reception, or both? Also, is that how much you have to spend including the food, or just for the venue??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Emmett fairgrounds. It super cheap... under 300 and i think you egt 200 back for a deposit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The 500 is just for the venue. Nothing else. Thats a good deal in emmett. We are hoping for an outdoor wedding and somewhere we can do bothe the ceremony and the reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine in Boise in August, it will be in two different places rather than one, but they are pretty close to each other. The ceremony is at the Julia Davis Rose Garden ($85), and the reception is at the Stonehouse (connected to the RAM off broadway). You get the inside and the outside at the Stonehouse for the full day for $200. You have to get your food and drink from the RAM, but thier prices arent too bad, and you can do the lunch buffets (way cheaper) at dinnertime as well. The price also includes the chairs, tables, lines, set up and clean up, all you have to do is hang your own decorations.

Another option is the Bridge event center which has a 4.5 acre outside area and an inside facility. you can rent the whole facility with full day or half day rates, or rent just the parts you want to save money. thier website is : http://bridgeeventcenter.com/index.html

hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the old grange hall.  It's just in from the intersection of state street and highway 16 (out to emmett). enwly remodelled, and you can do both inside and outside.  if it were big enoguh i would have loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards