Idaho

Introduce Yourself!

Let's get some activity and get to know each other!  Tell us about yourself... Where you live, how you met your Fi/H, where you're getting married (or got married), etc!

Anything you're willing to share, share it with us! Smile

Re: Introduce Yourself!

• shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm Nicole and my FI's name is Kelly. Him and I met and started dating in September of 2004 and finally decided to get married about a month ago! We live in Boise and have a Boston Terrier and 2 Pugs (Mother and son), who are totally like our kids.

We are planning our wedding for April 16th, 2011 in Boise. We don't have a venue yet, but have some in mind. Our colors are blue and yellow - the blue is a cornflower shade and the yellow is yellow... lol I think you could call it maize or even lemon.

Hopefully we can get this board up and running! Thanks BarrelBabe!
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • qhcowgirl93qhcowgirl93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ya'll!!  I'm Liz!  I live down in Worley! (south of CDA)  I'm not actually engaged yet, but will be within the next year or so!  :)  I met my boyfriend while at a camp in Colorado!  He lives in Texas, unfortunately, so we are in a LDR!  He will be shipping out for Marine boot camp July 2011!   It will more than likely be his career, so I will be a military wife!  I never would have pictured myself as one, but can't imagine my life any differently now!! He's an amazing guy and i love him very much!!  I truly believe in love at first sight!!

Anyway, I am interested in wedding planning!  And will probably be getting my wedding planner's certification in the next year or so!  I'm super excited!! 

Other than that, I enjoy working with and riding my 3 horses!  Baking and cake decorating are some of my favorite passtimes!!  I also enjoy reading, making jewelry, and spending time with my family!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies!
    Glad to see some action on the board!

I'm Danielle.  My husband and I got married on June 26, 2010.  We're currently adjusting to married life and learning how to "be" a married couple.
    My wedding colors were lime, orange, pink, and yellow.  The ceremony and reception were at Sawtooth Winery in Nampa.  We lucked out and had perfect weather (I like to think that my grandpa was watching out for me from above.)

I'm a kindergarten teacher in Boise and love my job.  I have 2 horses named Doc and Rusty and am looking forward to when I finish my Master's in June 2011 so I can get myself a graduation present, a puppy!

I'm excited to be the mod and to try to get some action on this board! I know there's a lot more Idaho brides than this!
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Jennifer FI name is Ryan. We meet November15, 2006 and have been together for 4 years today. He proposed to me April this year and are getting married August 6, 2011. My colors are Red, Black, White with roses and hearts. We are getting married at the Wild Rose Manor in Caldwell. I am planning on doing my own food since catering turned out to be too much for the budget, i have my dress, got bridesmaids dresses and am going to cake tasting on thursday. I think for the planning goes i got just the minor details to do after the cake is booked. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
     My name is Cari and I am marrying Barry December 19, 2010. I live in Moscow and am a proud Vandal! We had known eachother for a couple years but officially started dating in April of this year and were engaged by July. I am thrilled to be marrying the man of my dreams.
    Our wedding colors are black, white, and horizon blue with silver accents. They fit right in with our theme of winter wonderland (think the song walking in a winter wonderland).

I am an accounting major going to school full time and working on the side. Barry is working on his Masters and working full time. We have two bengal cats, Apollo and Zeus, who run the house and one shy beta named Neko. I am hoping to get a puppy for my birthday next may.

Thats about it for me. Ask me anything if you want to know more. Smile

~totally in love with my best friend~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • pickle915pickle915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone,

I'm Miriam and FI is Casey.  We're getting married August 6, 2011 in Coeur d'Alene but are currently in Moscow while he finishes up school.  I'm done with school for the time being and am a nurse in Lewiston.

FI and I met while we were in the Marines working in the same unit and have been dating since December 2005. We've been engaged since 12/24/08 and finally set a date this summer only to find out literally three days later that I was pregnant with our second child!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies!  I'm glad to see some Idaho brides!!   Keep checking back! I'm going to try to get some daily polls going so we can get some movement!
  • edited December 2011
     Danielle, My FI and your husband are friends, and we have never met. 

My name is Bonnie and my FI is Greg. We were together since August of '07. I never thought I could ever find someone that completes me like he does. He makes me so happy and I wonder how I ever got along without him. Our colors are navy blue and white, and I am having problems picking out a venue. No big deal I guess, I have time. The day is set for 8/28/2012, unless I strangle him first..lol
    You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_introduce-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:a62af60e-3a39-47a1-a6c0-326fd3bcef77Post:d4bc49f7-b037-43ce-834f-ca35a48039d4">Re: Introduce Yourself!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Danielle, My FI and your husband are friends, and we have never met.  My name is Bonnie and my FI is Greg. We were together since August of '07. I never thought I could ever find someone that completes me like he does. He makes me so happy and I wonder how I ever got along without him. Our colors are navy blue and white, and I am having problems picking out a venue. No big deal I guess, I have time. The day is set for 8/28/2012, unless I strangle him first..lol
    Posted by Fineporcelain[/QUOTE]

Hi Bonnie! I have met you! A looong time ago at a Bruneel Christmas party!  I'm glad to see you on here! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies.  Wow!  August 6th is such a popular date.  I had no idea.  My name is Amy and the boy's name is Alex.  Our border collie dog's name is Abbey, so collectively we make Trip'A.  :)  I was considering 8/6/11 because that is my best friend's birthday and she got married on my birthday (odd turn of events). 

We are looking for a venue in Boise for the summer 2011, preferrably outdoors at a park or maybe Bogus Basin. I am considering lavendarish blue and white, maybe some pastel pink and green too.  Too much? 

I met Alex at a friend's Halloween party two years ago.  He was Mr. T.  Its cute because we have picture from that first night when we met even though I made him pursue me for such a long time before we officially dated.

I need ideas, so help me out.  I need to know all my options and doing it from afar is hard.  Any help is appreciated!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_introduce-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:a62af60e-3a39-47a1-a6c0-326fd3bcef77Post:ae120dbe-3ed8-4f61-b9c7-5df1967c05a7">Re: Introduce Yourself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies.  Wow!  August 6th is such a popular date.  I had no idea.  My name is Amy and the boy's name is Alex.  Our border collie dog's name is Abbey, so collectively we make Trip'A.  :)  I was considering 8/6/11 because that is my best friend's birthday and she got married on my birthday (odd turn of events).  We are looking for a venue in Boise for the summer 2011, preferrably outdoors at a park or maybe Bogus Basin. I am considering lavendarish blue and white, maybe some pastel pink and green too.  Too much?  I met Alex at a friend's Halloween party two years ago.  He was Mr. T.  Its cute because we have picture from that first night when we met even though I made him pursue me for such a long time before we officially dated. I need ideas, so help me out.  I need to know all my options and doing it from afar is hard.  Any help is appreciated!
    Posted by amarillo14[/QUOTE]

Welcome Amy! Ask as many questions as you want! We're here to help!
  • miriamhawsmiriamhaws member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Miriam, my FI is Thayne. We've known each other for years. We helped each other get through our divorces but only started dating in July of this year (after I'd been hiinting since January). I thought for sure he was a "safe bet" to start dating-no pressure, no worry about romantic entaglement since he'd be deploying. I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life. Our wedding date is either in October or April 25th (he'll be back from Iraw on leave and really wants the wedding then). I originally wanted January but compromised to October...we'll see who wins this battle. I live in Pocatello and am going crazy trying to figure out what vendors to use. If any of you have advice it would be much appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Janelle, and my fiance is Michael. We've known each other since we were really little, and have been dating for four years. He proposed on Sept. 24th, 2010, which was our four year anniversary. We're getting married on July 16th, 2011 in Bonners Ferry. We're having an evening wedding and our colors are plum, grey, and white. I'm going crazy trying to decide on photographers, cake decorators, etc. So any advice is appreciated! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Renata and my FI is Tim, we've been together for 3 years. He proposed on 8/17/10 and we're getting married 6/18/11 at The Stonehouse in Boise. I'm from Phoenix, we met there while working together, he wanted to move back to Boise (he's from here) so we packed up, moved,  and settled in July 09. I love Boise so far, seriously people who live in Idaho are SO lucky!! I'll take the snow over boiling heat any day!
    I have the major things figured out for the wedding (location, dj, photographer, bridesmaids,etc) I'm just looking for a cake and all the smaller stuff. It's a headache somedays but i'm super excited!
    Oh and our colors are pale yellow and navy blue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies!  Stick around and post with us!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, Im Michelle and my fiance's name is Jack. We met 2 and a half years ago and started dating a little over 2 years ago.  He proposed to me in Las Vegas on Sept. 4th 2010.  We are having an evening wedding on July 23, 2011 at Fox Canyon Vineyards in Marsing.  I am trying to decide between yellow and tangernine, or a rich blue and purple for my colors.  I already have my dress, the rings, venue, and engagement pictures done.  We are both full time students and work part time, so it is defenitely going to be stressfull planning everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards