Idaho
Options

Reception Venue??? cost is too high

My Fiance and I have been looking around Boise for a reception venue but the cost of them is too high. We are on a tight budget and need to find a place where outside catering and alcohol is allowed. We are shooting for a October 2012 wedding indoor, not outside. It could rain and I don't want to drag my dress around in dirt and grass, that would be a waste of money spent on my dress. I was wondering where some of you Brides have or are doing your reception at. I rather hear a rating from one of you other then the venue because I know they are just looking for money. Thanks.

Re: Reception Venue??? cost is too high

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My brain is fried right now because I'm doing parent/teacher conferences, but the places that come to my mind are:
    -The Train Depot
    - The Party Barn
    - And a dance club in Meridian that's name is totally escaping me right now.

Check out www.treasurevalleybrides.com. The girls who run it are 2 recent brides from Boise and they've checked out all of the venues that are on their website.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Jerzee17Jerzee17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The train depot is too expensive and I googled the party barn but found nothing. I have looked into the Clubhouse Event Center and they want $950, which is too high in price too. Boise doesn't seem to have inexpensive places for weddings. Ugh this is so difficult. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! 
    I too am looking for Boise locations (wedding and reception) that are cost efficient.  I feel much the same as to what you've already posted about.  A lot of places are asking a lot of money to rent. Not within my price budget.  Any help from others is appreciated.  I am looking for potentially an outside venue.  Hoping weather will be nice next year!
    :)
  • Options
    Jerzee17Jerzee17 member
    edited December 2011
    I got qouted at one place in Eagle for $600. It is really nice but that price is for a half day on a off-season date. With all the drama that has been going on with my Fiance's family I think that is still too much to spend on people that are not grateful. Since this is all happening I don't feel like I can have my dream wedding especially on a budget.
  • Options
    Jerzee17Jerzee17 member
    edited December 2011
    I have also looked at treasure valley brides for their recommendations and they are really not affordable. Every place either has ridiculous rules or snotty people you have to deal with. Planning a wedding in Boise has to be the most frustrating thing ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently went to a wedding at the Kuna City Hall, not the nicest place but it was CHEAP! I'm currently in your same situation (wedding next October and Boise venues are too expensive). The place has a kitchen and two floors for entertaining. I think it was about $150 per day. It wasn't a very fancy wedding but by far the most fun I've ever had at a wedding!
  • Options
    Jerzee17Jerzee17 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. Do you know if there is a website with the information about having a wedding there? Or who i would need to contact? Have you found a placefor your wedding yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're interested in going to McCall for your wedding, I just booked mine there in late September at the Bear Creek Lodge.  You get the entire lodge for the whole weekend.  Alcohol is allowed.  And for what you're getting, I feel like they are very reasonably priced.  Something to note, if you look at their website, is the total cost can be deducted by having people pay for their rooms.  Which is an added bonus.  Anyway. . . Its a fantastic site!  I'd recommend it!
  • Options
    I have an October wedding too, and let me tell you, there's nothing matching what you are looking for in Boise  (I know, I looked for the same thing!).

Look out of town, especially in the Star area.  There are a couple of sites that I ran across that really tempted me, but I ultimately ended up not being able to use for a couple of reasons unrelated to cost or quality.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Check out The Train Depot == very affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards