Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Magnolia Hotel Costs--OUCH!

The Magnolia Hotel is beautiful and the wedding coordinator is very nice, but I'm starting to think having a ceremony there wasn't the best idea.  The rental fee, while high, wasn't a surprise but all the other costs are insane.  They charge $150 if you throw rose petals because someone has to sweep them up. (Which means we are doing cliched bubbles instead.) They also only allow one complimentary suite to get ready in (for me and my bridesmaids), which means my groom and his groomsmen would have to pay $119 (their standard room rate) to get dressed in one of the rooms for one hour!  ONE HOUR.  (Which means they will be getting ready at our house in West Omaha and have to drive downtown in their tuxes.)  They charge $150 if you want to use one of their arches (we're borrowing one for free from our decorator.)  Arches cost $40 at Manglesens.Just thought I'd give someone a heads-up if they're considering the Magnolia.  I can't imagine what it costs to have a ceremony AND a reception there.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Magnolia Hotel Costs--OUCH!

• Options
    jasarahjasarah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup.  I was in a wedding there back in October - she had the wedding on a Friday night to cut back on costs.  Insane if you ask me.  They (along with everyone else) just do it because they can, ya know?  Ugh. What about just doing nothing, rather than bubbles? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree! We looked after my cousin held his there last year. Beautiful of course but I went with a different hall and now have extra budget to spend elsewhere. Thank goodness :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah they definitely think pretty highly of themselves.  It is gorgeous but I just couldn't justify spending that much money on everything. 
  • Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    edited December 2011
    Interestingly enough...Mindell (the wedding coordinator I referenced) is, as of today, no longer with the Hotel!  I spoke with the woman who is taking over for her and already think she sounds awesome--she was so nice and I'm looking forward to working with her.  She also was unaware of certain hidden fees I mentioned, so hopefully I'll have better luck with her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck but either way you know you are going to have a gorgeous place there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats totally unfair! I'm getting married at Indian Creek and they charge $500 if you want to have the ceremony there! They say its so they can make sure no one is playing golf while you're getting married. RIIIIIGHT....
  • Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    edited December 2011
    I am no longer being charged for tossing rose petals if I decide to do so.  Awesome.And Puddlez, a lot of ceremony only locations we looked at were anywhere from $500 to $1500.  If you do it at a public park, they only charge $70...of course, parks don't have backup plans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Puddlezz, Indian Creek is soooo worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding and reception at The Magnolia and I still haven't been contacted by the new coordinator.  I'm not too worried but I'm planning my wedding from Texas so there isn't time to come into town and meet with the replacement and discuss things.  I wasn't too shocked by most of the prices at the Magnolia, just the alcohol.  Now THAT is freaking ridiculous.
  • Options
    Has anyone had the cermony as well as the reception at the Magnolia and have a rough estimate of the cost? Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards