Nebraska-Omaha

Hotel Rooms?

When is a good time to call hotels to reserve a block of rooms? Also, how do you decide how many to block off? Thanks!

Re: Hotel Rooms?

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine about 6 months in advance (as my wedding is the weekend of the CWS) to make sure that I could get a block. I'd say anywhere from 4-6 months should be ok. And when you call they should be able to recommend how many rooms to block. Usually they start out with either 5 or 10, and if all of those rooms get blocked off then they'll add more to your block.

I would suggest blocking rooms at 2-3 hotels (depending on how many OOT guests you have) in different price ranges. HTH! GL! =]
  • edited December 2011
    I would ask your hotel that you choose and make sure nothing is going on that weekend. We thought we were safe but found out state track is the same weekend as our wedding, so hotels were getting booked already last March! I asked the hotel event coordinator how many we should block off and let her decide, then if we go over, they will add accordingly. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • rfaulkrfaulk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend calling around to different hotels as well. Some of them make you pay for rooms not reserved and some are no risk for you at all. We will be reserving with a hotel (or two) where if they don't get booked by a certain date then they just fall off the block basically. Does that make sense?
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hotel rooms do that as well. I'm blocking at a Holiday Inn and a La Quinta Inn. =]
  • edited December 2011

Most hotels don't seem to hold you for the difference but it's good to check.

• rfaulkrfaulk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice......I called a few and one said they would charge me a fee if we dont book a certain amount!!!
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  used to work for a hotel and I don't recommend blocking at numerous hotels to give them different price points.  If everyone but one couple books at the same hotel, then they may stick out as not being able to financially afford a better hotel.  They also are not at the same hotel as others for getting together with others for breakfast, after hours things like hanging out together and such.  You're better off to have them all in one hotel and if they can't afford the one you chose, I'm sure they can find their own hotel if need be. 

As for on goings at hotels.  If they have events on the books at the time you call then you may be aware of what's going on as well in the hotel and how many rooms they have left in case you need more. However, you can't control groups that book into the hotel AFTER you've booked.   It could be just as busy either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards