Ohio-Columbus
Options

Pasor?????

so our pastor doesn't have a set rate to marry me and my fiance.  When I asked him what his charge if he said he just wants a donation.  I don't want to disrespect him, but I have no clue how much is a respectable amount.  Any suggestions?

Re: Pasor?????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking around on various websites, and it seems to be a wide range.  One site said you shouldn't donate less than $75.  And, another said anywhere from $100 to $200.  That being said, I am not planning on getting married by a pastor, so I don't have personal knowledge.  But those prices seemed reasonable to me as an average.  HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By donation, does he mean a donation to the church, or a "donation" to him?  If it's a donation to the church, and you don't have to pay a rental fee, I'd probably say a couple hundred.  If the donation is just for the pastor, there are a few things I'd consider - Is the pastor providing pre-marital counseling?  Are you doing a full rehearsal beforehand?  I think these types of events would warrant a higher "donation" to the pastor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    fallbride'10fallbride'10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married by a priest but I was told by the chuch that the typical donation is $200
    November 12, 2010 imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't given a typical donation suggestion ... just a whatever you think is reasonable thing. Our pastor will be given $150 plus we are offering to let him stay at a B and B with his wife the night before the wedding if they would like. Wedding site is about an hour from his hometown. Our donation does not reflect the venue charge as this isn't the pastors home church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards