Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Ceremony location

Hi,

We are getting married on June 3, 2011 (a Friday).  We have our reception hall booked (Legacy Hall) and are now looking for a ceremony location.  Does anyone have suggestions?  We do not want an outdoor ceremony and would prefer not to get married at a church that requires marriage classes/counseling beforehand.  We only plan to have about 40 guests at the ceremony tops (immediate family and bridal party).  I've found that many locations either can't work with our hours as we are looking for a 2p wedding on a Friday, or they don't offer ceremony only as an option (that mainly applies to non-church locations).  Any advice is greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Re: Ceremony location

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cornerstone Mansion?  Scoular Ballroom?  UNO Alumni Center?  Magnolia Hotel?

Northwest Hills Church at 93rd and Fort used to allow non-members to get married there.  Not sure about any counseling requirements.  It's worth a phone call.  That's not too far from Legacy, too.

I'm guessing the museum type places are the ones you are running into a problem with the hours.

This website might help:

www.tinyurl.com/halllist
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    Mindy RayMindy Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah - I LOVE the look of Cornerstone.  I emailed them and they got back to me right away and their prices are definitely reasonable.  I'll be planning a visit there soon.

I have been to a wedding at the UNO Alumni Center (I was a bridesmaid in it) and it is also a pretty place, although theirs was outdoors. 

Lindsay - Thanks for the feedback on Legacy!  I love the dance floor & one of our requirements was to be able to cater in our own food & alcohol. I have eaten at Mangia's several times (my mom lives nearby) and they have great food!  But I already booked another caterer that I've heard great things about and who is very reasonable - his name is Tim Bazar and he does smoked meats.

Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll have to let us know what you decide!

Also, I think we have a mutual friend Tracy (she went to HS with my husband Seth)!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    Mindy RayMindy Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES we do!  I have met your husband before! :) So you probably know the rest of that crew - Andrew, Mark, Jason, etc. Tracy is one of my bridesmaids. Small world!

I am setting up an appt. to look at Cornerstone in May (they won't let you book if it's more than a year out - they will only book as early as a year in advance for some reason).  It looks like they have a ton of great areas for photos & for the ceremony itself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards