Nebraska-Omaha

Enchated Honeymoon.....

My fiance and I went to enchanted last weekend to book our honeymoon. We had done research before going and knew we wanted to go with the riviera maya. We were quoted 2300 for ocean view 6 nights/7 days at a good resort, so i put money down. Then we were online looking at pictures of the resort (excited) and noticed the price on bookit.com for the same resort, same flight and an ocean FRONT, not view, was 1975.  Are you kidding me 300 difference! My fiance contacted enchanted and they said they don't price match and since they already booked our reservation they can't lower the price. WTF? I've heard people say they give you better rate if your room cost lowers after you book.......is that true?

Any opinions???
**LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE**

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Buying A Home

Re: Enchated Honeymoon.....

• edited December 2011
    I dont know...I know we researched and I went to 4 places with the same itinerary in mind of what we wanted to do and enchanted was the 2nd highest..we ended up going with travel leaders...they were considerably cheaper. Well do know too that you pay a fee to book through a travel company...and even though it said one price online after paying taxes and the online booking fees and such it might have come out more...I think going through an agency is good! You can also get trip insurance through an agency which is VERY important to have.
  • rotellarotella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately that price didn't include the trip insurance, that tacks on another 200 bucks!! :(  Enchanted said to cancel it's a 500 fee....they won't price match b/c we put a deposit down.

We've learned our lesson not to put money down unless you go home and see what bookit.com and expedia price it out as first.
    **LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE**

Buying A Home

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks that you had to learn the lesson that way but thanks for sharing your story so others can avoid that. 

Where are you staying if you don't mind sharing?  DH and I are thinking about Mexico for our 1 year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    We actually just had the very same problem. Our TA at Enchanted Honeymoons told us that we were only locked into the flights with the deposit. She also said that they could price match if the price if I found it lower when I asked. So we chose and then found it cheaper elsewhere and they wouldn't match. But we already put down $400. So yes, they will tell you that it is true, but for us it wasn't. Sorry that it happened to you as well!
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are saying they will price match and then don't, you guys should report them to the BBB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    oh no...I didnt get a good vibe from them..we had our kids with us and had an appt and they still had us waiting for awhile..which when you have kids and 1 is a toddler there is no waiting before they start getting upset..lol..so the waiting was annoying but it wasnt a reason to completely dismiss them..the lady just didnt seem quite as informative and  was more vague then some of the other places I went to..so we took our business elswhere. I even mentioned a coke card and she was like whats that? Which if you have cruised before you know its a prepaid soda card. lol
  • rotellarotella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huskerfanz - we are staying at the www.nh-rivieracancun.com it's a gorgeous resort, all of the rooms are suites. we liked how the 24 hr room service is included in our all inclusive, b/c we're both late nights snackers.

We told our TA at Enchanted that since we could have saved money booking ourselves, but chose to go with enchanted that we want a room upgrade to ocean front or the paradise club.......so i guess only time will tell when we arrive to the resort if they actually tried to upgrade us or not.

Next vacation...we are definiately going with bookit.com lol
    **LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE**

Buying A Home

• edited December 2011
    well hopefully you get it...thats one thing I like about our cruise is we also dont have to pay for room service..its free anytime of the night! =0) I will find myself ordering just to order something..lol
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe I can help clarify the price matching a little bit for you...it is pretty complicated sometimes...

A price match is supposed to be done at the time of booking.  A price guarantee is supposed to guarantee that the price of your resort (not air) in case the price decreases prior to your departure.  Even though you booked a package there is still a price for airfare and a price for the land portion of your trip.  Published airfare can NEVER be adjusted as the airline charges a $150 change fee per person.  If the price of the air goes down after you book, you are still locked into the price you paid originally.  The land portion however is what should be guaranteed.  With that said, it kind of depends on what vendor they booked through as well.  If you can find that out then I would be able to tell you what exactly their policy is on price matching after the fact to another vendor. 

Confusing I know...  Find out who they booked your trip through and monitor the price of the land because if that price does decrease they should then be able to adjust your price. 

I'm sorry this happened to you and I know that it is frustrating especially when you are trying to get the very best deal possible.  Do know that since you booked with an actual agent that you have someone to call if you have any problems at all.  When you book through an online site you don't get any customer service.

Jamie :-)
  • lisa5556817lisa5556817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had Enchanted price out trips to Jamaica and St Lucia for me. I ended up finding a better 'deal' going thru Sandals directly. 

• efujanefujan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this may be a topic that's long since passed, but I ran across the same thing with our travel agent & bookit.com. 

For our trip, Bookit came out around $400 less for the trip (and it was before we locked anything in) - or so I thought.  That was the posted price, but if you go forward with the purchase (just don't enter your credit card), you'll see all the taxes and fees start to pile on to that "super cheap" bookit.com price.  Once we added the travel insurance through bookit.com it ended up only being about $75 less than what our agent quoted our honeymoon out at.  With that close of a price, we went with the local travel agent so I'd have a real person to go to in the event anything changes or there's a price drop (we got a price guarantee as well).

Sorry for the late response, but hope that helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JWaite is spot on. I went through a travel agent once, and now I realize that I'm such a websurfer and obsessive person that I can usually get the same pricing myself (haha), andwhen I booked I found out exactly who they were booking the cruise portion of my trip through. The airfare didn't matter, because I knew that pricing was locked, but I would literally watch the pricing of the cruise portion of my trip every day (and I mean EVERYDAY. seems a little obsessive, but it was really only a quick 2 minute peek and then back to work) and one day (and it only lasted about 2 days total) the price dropped SIGNIFICANTLY for the stateroom that I happened to be in, and I called my travel agent and not only got my room upgraded to the next best room, but got a $250 credit towards the price of my trip. After those 2 days, the price went up significantly HIGHER then what I had paid...so my obsessiveness paid off.

But anyways, long story short, the travel agency wont hide from you who they booked the land portion through. So get that info, and just check back however often you'd like, and when/if the price drops, call your TA and get the price adjusted. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards