July 2012 Weddings
Options

Writing own vows?

We are most definitely writing our own vows, but everytime I work on them I get all teary and I have a feeling with all the emotionalness of the actual wedding, I won't be able to get through them.  Any advice? (Not worried about make up, the girl doing my make up is awesome and already has it covered)

Re: Writing own vows?

• Options
    We're not writing our own vows. But I'll give you the only piece of advice I would think might work. After you write them, read them over and over and over and over and over and over and over until you don't feel as teary eyed. Kind of numb yourself up to it. Although, it's always kind of cute when the bride or groom gets a little emotional : )
  • Options
    I had the same problem. I put on pandora, music that wasnt sappy.. something that kept me from getting to emotional while writing mine. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    We aren't writing them...however, I'm still going to tear up during the ceremony for sure!! I will blubber lol
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I love when the bride and groom get a little emotional too, I just didn't want to ugly cry lol
  • Options
    We're not writing our own mostly because of the teary-eyed factor. I don't want to cry! I practiaclly cry watching other people's ceremonies so I don't think I'd be able to get through mine.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    That's why we didn't write ours. How about trying to picture something funny while writing it or while you say it?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are writing our vows.  FI didn't know that you didn't have to so i'll leave it at that.  Hehe cheeky here.  I started writing and i ended up writing the reception speeche as well.  I wanted to incorprate videogames into the speech.  As we are both huge gamers.  I didn't think the church would have been happy about my super mario brothers talk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards