Nebraska-Omaha

new to the site...looking for deals

Ok, I am new to the knot and I am looking for some deals!!  I think we have our venue picked out, Regency Lodge and our photographer is already booked, Barnes Photography.  What I need now is advice for a florist, DJ and wedding cake.  We are looking to be thrifty in these areas...any suggestions?  Thanks for helping!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new to the site...looking for deals

• edited December 2011
    There is a show at the DC centre tomorrow from noon to 4. You usually get great deals from the shows. We're going with Complete Music and my dad talked the guys down quite a bit. The shows are definitely worth going to. Oh and the one tomorrow is free admission! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_new-sitelooking-deals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:e874fcb7-57ec-4caf-873e-aea6477a63a0Post:a45471a8-42f0-4c48-95c2-3625309a2d7d">Re: new to the site...looking for deals</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a show at the DC centre tomorrow from noon to 4. You usually get great deals from the shows. We're going with Complete Music and my dad talked the guys down quite a bit. The shows are definitely worth going to. Oh and the one tomorrow is free admission! :)
    Posted by Girlies432[/QUOTE]

I would agree. Check out the show tomorrow if you can.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! We will be at the show today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you will get the best deals at bridal shows. when picking flowers, go for ones that are in season. look for centerpieces that aren't floral, like candles or lanterns....
  • edited December 2011
    I just found some lanterns at our Family Dollar for $6 a piece. Super cheap!

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a florist definitely check out Fleur De Lis Concepts located out of Eagle, NE. She delivers to Omaha at no extra charge. Her work is AMAZING and her prices are unbeatable. She did my entire wedding for $330. I got:

brides bouquet (2 dozen roses)
    6 BM bouquets (1 dozen roses each)
    toss bouquet
    11 bouts
    4 corsages
    3 gallon size zip lock bags full of loose rose petals

She beat every other quote I received by at least half. My quotes were coming in between $750-$1800. She does it out of her house which helps keep costs low for her, but it didn't show in her work at all. My flowers looked awesome =]
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding cake-Linda Tills. My blog has pics of the cake. It was 176 all together. Including the petals, ribbon, and setup. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Love Carol Smolsky from Love You Cakes, awesome price, great person, and even more awesome oreo cookie filling!

Love You Cakes
    (402) 593-7601  LoveYouCakes@gmail.com 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_new-sitelooking-deals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:e874fcb7-57ec-4caf-873e-aea6477a63a0Post:e7a03654-5482-4b89-b770-77ed4eb4129e">Re: new to the site...looking for deals</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love Carol Smolsky from Love You Cakes, awesome price, great person, and even more awesome <strong>oreo cookie filling!</strong> Love You Cakes (402) 593-7601   LoveYouCakes@gmail.com  
    Posted by CapturedByTree[/QUOTE]

That sounds amazingly yummy.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!! Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Oh my gosh!! You are the first bride I have seen who has the same venue as me! The funny thing is my fiance and I actually wanted your date, Sept. 2nd, 2012 but you guys had already booked it so ours in on Saturday the 1st! Too funny.

I am still looking for flowers, a DJ, photographer, cake, AND an officiant -- you are way ahead of me! Can I ask -- what kind of prices did you get quoted by your photographer? All the packages we've seen start at like $1300!

Happy Planning!

p.s. I am WAY excited to see what the renovations look like at the Regency Lodge... My only issues with the reception space was the ugly dated carpet... haha!

The greatest gifts are friendship and love. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I am a wedding ceremony musician (vocals, piano, organ) & I also offer live piano music during rehearsal and reception dinners. On another website I'm offering a 25% discount for an original love song composed based on YOUR own personal love story. If you're interested in any of my services, I'm willing to negotiate prices and offer you a 25% discount on all of my extras (piano background music for dinners + original song) if you book with me before the end of May.Congrats on your wedding & feel free to contact me if you're interested (& be sure and let me know I offered you the discount). I'll email you a few mp3 sample clips & a free worksheet for planning ceremony music.
    Jaime
    Song of the Heart Music
    Omaha, NE
    omahaweddingmusic@gmail.com
    http://omahaweddingmusic.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards