Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Location in DSM?

Hi everyone,

My fiance's family is not from Des Moines, so they are counting on me to help find a location for our rehearsal dinner an I'm stumped. Ideally, I think they would like a restaurant with a large party room (50+ people?). The less setting up and decorating to do, the better. My parents live in Urbandale, the wedding is in the Merle Hay area, and the reception/hotel block is downtown. So any of those areas would be perfectly fine.

Lucca, Court Avenue Brewery, Centro, and Django are all on my radar right now, but I would definitely like to hear other suggestions if you have some!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location in DSM?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Baratta's, Okoboji, and Spaghetti Works
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Raccoon River Brewery? The food is awesome and I know they have a large roome for banquets and parties. My office usually goes there for a holiday party each year.
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Klovesd - Its funny that you recommend Barattas because they are catering our reception. I'll probably try to find someplace else for that exact reason, but I wonder if they would consider giving us a good deal by doing business with them two nights in a row?
    Bridetobeme30 - Thanks for the tip. Raccoon River Brewery sounds pretty great, but the room only holds up to 50 people. After more work on the guest list, It looks like we could have up to 60 adults and 15 kids (if everone makes it). We have pretty big families...
  • Options
    SuzieBlevsSuzieBlevs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Noah's Ark on Ingersall?
    Here's some idea's one of my bridesmaid's had sent me when I was looking:
    ·         Okaboji·         Johnny’s·         Spaghetti Works·         Dos Rios·         Bravo·         Racoon River Brewing company·         Centro·         Latin King
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought that Noah's Ark on Ingersoll closed..did it reopen??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal at Raccoon River Brewing Company and were thrilled with both the food and service!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas! I've sent a nice long list of restaurants to my FMIL and I'm going to let her make the final call (but as of now, I've hinted that Greenbriar is my top choice if they have the date open).

Just in case anyone is curious - my Mom found a place called West End Architectural Salvage and it looked really interesting. Its a store, but they have a coffee shop that can be rented out for events. Unfortunately, the rental fee is $1,000, which is about $1,000 more than most restaurants will charge us. So I'm scrapping that idea, but I thought someone else might want to check it out for a reception or other party. Has anyone else heard anything about this place?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards