Iowa-Des Moines

Small Church or Chapel Locations?

I am looking for a very small church or chapel for our ceremony.  We already have an outdoor location for our reception.  I would love something like a country style church but I don't know what's available in Des Moines or the surrounding area.  Any ideas?

Re: Small Church or Chapel Locations?

• edited December 2011
    There is the cory grove church in elkhart.....only holds about 100 people and very old. This is where we are having ours at
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend that was married in the Candle Lit Way chapel in Dallas Center (west of Des Moines).  It looks like it may be what you are wanting. I didn't actually attend her ceremony as it was just family, so I don't have personal opinions, but she seemed very happy with the decision since she wanted small. http://www.candlelitwayweddingchapel.com/
  • MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How bout the chapel at Living History Farms? Very cute!
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's an adorable United Methodist church on Highway 163 just east of Pleasant Hill (right near SE Polk High School) - it's white with a tall, tall steeple.  It's called Ivy Centennial.  I think to marry in the United Methodist church, you need to agree to pre-marital counseling with the pastor, but it's worth checking out!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards