Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Ceremony- Parks??

I want to have our reception in his back yard under a tent in case of rain. I would love to have the ceremony directly outdoors. We have considered Toad Valley Golf Course as a ceremony site....Any thoughts on that?
or a park...anyone have any good suggestions for parks near the Altoona area?
JAMIE LYNN ** 6-4-11

Re: Ceremony- Parks??

• Options
    krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haines Park in Altoona is GORGEOUS in the spring and summer!! They plant roses all over the park, and have a great gazebo that would work perfectly!!! We looked into it when we were planning, but decided to do Jester Park instead. We are both so super busy we didn't want to have to plan with multiple vendors.

Check out, and you will love it!! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow this seems beautiful and very cost effective we will have to drive by and check it out sometime thanks so much for the idea!
    how is jester park on restrictions?
    JAMIE LYNN ** 6-4-11
  • Options
    krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are kind of sticklers. I myself am not too picky when it comes to food and all that....I'm only picky about the things I am doing myself (like design, print and the decor). The only issue is that everything has a price tag. We are so busy that we are sacraficing some moolah to have someone take care of everything for us. I didn't have time to hire multiple vendors, and keep track of multiple people I love that at the end of the day we can literally grab what we want to take, and walk away. There is no set up or tear down.

The costs really added up quickly, but I know that everything will be taken care of, and that for me is worth a lot ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, my date is already taken for Jester and its more than a year away! I better get calling other places fast! I am thinking about Adventurland Inn, I think that would be nice and then guests could stay and have some fun at the water park or even go to adventurland!
    JAMIE LYNN ** 6-4-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards