Ohio-Columbus

Outdoor Ceremony Venues

Ladies, I need your help. I am really stuck on having an outdoor ceremony. Do you have any rec's for nice outdoor spaces. It doesn't necessarily have to be a park or anything like that. Just a nice outdoor area that can accommodate 200 people. Does anyone know if the Renaissance hotel downtown rent out their outdoor deck even though you may not be having your reception there? TIA

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Venues

• JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Franklin Park Conservatory is where I'm having mine, it's right off Broad Street, less than a mile from the Renaissance:

It is absolutely gorgeous AND provided a rain plan if you get the Palm House/ West Terrace package.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, but can you have an outdoor ceremony there without having your reception there?
  • JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we are only having our ceremony there.  Our reception will be at Columbus Athenaeum.  It was a little pricey, but completely worth it to have a rain plan, free parking, a wedding coordinator, and decoration labor thrown in.  The only bad thing is they are really strict with their time blocks.  You can either reserve the morning and afternoon until 3 pm, or the evening after 6 pm.  They keep 3-6 pm open for clean up and set up and won't budge one bit (we tried).

EDIT:  we also choose FPC because like you, we wanted an outdoor ceremony in Columbus, and it was one of the only venues that could host our guest list of over 150 people.  The other venue we looked at was the State House, which could also give you a rain plan back-up, but it's even more expensive to rent, though they are much more flexible with time.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, I might have to look into the FPC. How ironic though, my reception will also be at the Columbus Atheneaeum. Who is your coordinator? I think we might be going with the Renaissance outdoor pool deck. Hopefully it's not to expensive though. Because I had already booked the Columbus Topiary gardens, but there is no rain plan and that really worried me.
  • JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh fun!  We're working with Gina at the Athenaeum, and she's super helpful.  We're going to the tasting this weekend, might you be there?  Let me know how your plans work out!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Dawes Arboretum in Newark.  It's a gorgeous venue and super spacious and the price is right :)  You can have both ceremony and reception in one place, which cuts on lots of costs.  The website is dawesarb.org
  • TroyandShawnTroyandShawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We chose the Oakhurst Country Club for both our outdoor ceremony and reception.  They have a beautiful venue and and indoor rain plan and the price was half of everywhere else we looked. They are completely flexible which I love and have made everything stress free for our fall wedding!!   Good luck!!!  :)
  • kasekenkaseken member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone use American Royal Links?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards