Iowa-Des Moines

floral centerpieces

Is anyone having them?  I am debating because I am not sure how much they cost.  Does anyone have a rough estimate on the cost of a small floral centerpiece? TIA

Re: floral centerpieces

• edited December 2011
    It depends on the flowers you want. Some flowers are more costly than others. It also depends on if you will DIY or have a florist do it, also if you are using faux flowers or real. Buying wholesale and DIY could be cheaper.

And how small is small? Really, you best bet is to call florists and ask for price quotes.

I'm buying 100 roses, 200 carnations, 50 stock, 100 baby's breath and a filler kit for under 300.00. That will make 5 centerpieces, altar flowers, 2 bouquets and 3 bouts. I'm sure I'll left overs to place all over as well.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also order flowers from Sam's Club and then put the centerpieces together yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my small center pieces are about $30 a piece and the large orchard center pieces were quoted around 60-70 I think. My florist has all the vases and he just lets you use them and doesn't charge you for them... but you don't get to keep them of course but you can remove the flowers and keep those if you want.
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • edited December 2011
    As somebody previously stated, it depends on if you want real or silk flowers.  My mom does lots of weddings with silk flowers.  If a person wanted to purchase a bouqet from her, it could cost them a couple hundred bucks (depending on the size), but instead of selling them to people, she rents them.  She buys the silks, dyes them the right color if she needs to, and rents them for $20 each, which is SOOO much cheaper than most silk or real flower florists would sell them for.  Just look around and ask for prices.  Look at the pros and cons of silks and reals and buying vs. renting (if given the option of renting).

Personally, I think renting silks makes the most financial sense.  You arent just wasting flowers by throwing them away like you would real ones, and you dont have to worry about what to do with them after the wedding because you are just renting them.  And again... renting is A LOT cheaper than buying.  I am not saying all this just because my mom does this for her business.
  • kwelder1kwelder1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got a steal on my real rose centerpieces for my tables. What I did was booked everything through hy-vee. I did the caterering, the cake, and the flowers through there, and got a 10 % discount on the total bill and they even through in free delivery. For my hot pink rose centerpieces, I'm paying about 50 dollars  a centerpieces. They will have a dark pink and light pink mix of spray roses, and then it'll have between 4 and 5 larger hot pink roses. It'll be a nice contrast I think. Hope I helped :)

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards