Ohio-Columbus
Options

Venue decisions: CMA or Palm House??

I am down to two venue options and would love some input! My fiance and I are trying to decide between Derby Court at the Columbus Museum of Art and the Palm House at the Franklin Park Conservatory. We see pros and cons to both places and are having a hard time deciding. We've visited both places during the day and night. Does anyone have suggestions??

Re: Venue decisions: CMA or Palm House??

• Options
    CMA all the way!  #1 reason: AIR CONDITIONING!  FPC can be pretty unbearable, making it not fun for guests. Granted, the one I experienced was mid August, so probably at its worst. They turned on these huge fans, which didn't do much to cool down the place, plus they were so loud, I could hear a word of the ceremony, and I was a bridesmaid! CMA is so beautiful, I don't think you could go wrong. What are you concerns about there? One of my best friends just got married there in July and it was awesome.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_venue-decisions-cma-or-palm-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:33a9d5a3-600a-406e-8778-1579273d7a6dPost:5613767f-601a-41b8-9635-b2e38adbd101">Venue decisions: CMA or Palm House??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am down to two venue options and would love some input! My fiance and I are trying to decide between Derby Court at the Columbus Museum of Art and the Palm House at the Franklin Park Conservatory. We see pros and cons to both places and are having a hard time deciding. We've visited both places during the day and night. Does anyone have suggestions??
    Posted by mgilreat[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I'm having my wedding at the palm house in early April.  The PP is correct on this one though, it depends on WHEN a lot.  If you are looking at trad wedding season (any time between May and August really) I would go with CMA.  Between the solar heat from all the glass and the fact that they keep it kind of warm anyways, its pretty unbearable during the summer at the palm house.  The fans are loud and don't even help much.  I wanted an outdoor wedding but am not willing to trust Ohio's weather, so I knew I wanted the plam house for the outdoor feel.  I scheduled my wedding date around that so everyone would be comfortable and the fans wouldn't be needed.  
  • Options
    I love the palm house but it is entirely too hot. I am getting married at FPC but I am having my wedding in the Grand Atrium. I viewed the Palm House in October of last year and we were sweating by the time we got out of there. So idk I think it's so pretty but it's a little unbearable. The museum of art is beautiful as well. I vote CMA
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Options
    My fiance and I are getting married on the West Terrace at FPC and doing our reception in the Palm House at night. That way the Palm House will be cooler. I love the Palm House and at night it is beautiful!
  • Options
    I went to a summer reception at the Palm House, and while the temp was ok, it was very, very humid.
  • Options
    They have special fans that you can rent to cool the room down that won't mess with the palm trees. I will probably end up renting them. My wedding is at the beginning of June. The fans use water to create a light misting cool air I guess.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding in April in the Palm house. the ceremony started at 10:30 am and I was already fanning myself.  Luckily by reception time, the clouds came out and made the room a little more bearable. 
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards