Iowa-Des Moines

Registry?

So I just got done registering. However I read that it's rude to put anything about your  registry in the invitations. but my registry sites say that you can have registry announcements printed off.  So, I was wondering what you guys thought?

Re: Registry?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is considered rude to print those on the invites. However if you have a wedding website you can put it on there. Another way is to have your parents/friends spread the word.
    Also if you are having a shower that is how most people can get the word out. Whoever is planning the shower can let the guests know where you are registered.

You as the bride & groom should not be writing it on any part of your invitations.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Most people just figure out where you are registered. Whenever I get a wedding invitation, I first go to Target.com and see if they are registered there. Most likely, they are. If I didn't find one there, I'd then try Bed Bath & Beyond and Younkers. Are you registered at any one of those three? People will just figure it out. The stores just want some free advertising basically.
  • kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks this is helpful. I am registered at walmart.com and  bedbathandbeyond.com

I did post on my facebook where i am registered. so hopefully it will just spread by word of mouth
  • edited December 2011
    PP are right, it isn't right to put registry information on your wedding invitations, but I think it's ok for the shower invitations since the purpose of a shower is to "shower the bride with gifts" and you personally aren't sending out the shower invitations. 
    Anniversary
  • kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks...thats kinda what i was wondering. for the wedding they can go to my wedding website. but for the shower I just didn't know if it was considered inapropriate to put it in the shower invites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards