Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Candy Bar? 2-part question :)

OK!  So, we want a candy bar! 

Part 1 -
How many vases/jars should we have?

Part 2 -
Our colors are turquoise and red.  We would like to have the candy those colors as well.  Red is easy to find, any ideas for the blue?  We thought of suckers, M&Ms and jelly beans ... we just want to get away from the whole "red white and blue" thing because it's not 4th of july or anything ... it's in October!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Candy Bar? 2-part question :)

• Options
    kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could get blue rock candy....I also saw some red and turquoise peppermint type (I don't know what flavor for sure) sticks at the bass pro shop of all places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this idea!! I think it really depends on how many guests you are having. I would say maybe 6-8 different types?

What about salt water taffy they have those in the blueish color. Also what about instead of white you went with black candies? I think your other two colors would pop really well with black candies!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think 6-8 options would be perfect and PP gave some really great ideas!  What about finding jars in your wedding colors and then you can do whatever candies you want in them.  You could do special order M&Ms and Jelly Bellys and theknot has custom colored chocolates.

Good luck!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are really cute.

I think so anyway.
    I was thinking about doing a candy bar too but I'm not sure if it will fit into my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also found a place in Des Moines (Bolton&Hay) where you can rent a cotton candy machine for about 50.00 a day. They even have blueberry cotton candy. Just and idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Love the cotton Candy Idea!!!!!

My old concern is who do you have run it?! Or you could make them up the day before and have it be a fun "outing" with your WP!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_candy-bar-2-part-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:40cfcee8-9ab4-476e-b7ca-ab824e08f5b6Post:8ee770d0-ce03-4989-9a4d-ecc0b3f004c5">Re: Candy Bar? 2-part question :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the cotton Candy Idea!!!!! My old concern is who do you have run it?! Or you could make them up the day before and have it be a fun "outing" with your WP!
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

That's a good question.. I have no idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    I love the cotton candy idea too!!! I am going to check into that! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ran across a lady's ad on Craigslist who is starting up a  business with another stay at home mom.  Instead of a candy bar, I am renting their service. 

The two ladies come with their trailer and server 5 differnt kinds of cotton candy, about 10 flavors of sno cones and 3 flavors of popcorn.  Due to pricing, we narrowed the choices down and got a great deal...far less than I would have spent on a candy bar even!  We are just having them for 2 hours, and went with an "unlimited" amount with price per person rather than price per item. 

I guess they just started and have only done kids birthday parties to date, so we'll be their first wedding.

I'll post back after our October 1 wedding with a review of their services and products.  They don't have a website or business card yet, but the email address is:

jhutterback@yahoo.com  .

I am so excited for the cotton candy, the kids and adults alike will love it.  AND.... they're bringing orange cotton candy to match our wedding colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards