Iowa-Des Moines

location trouble =/

So im wanting a cabin/barn feel wedding location to have my ceremony and reception. its a comforting, relaxing environment thats located in iowa or somehwere close. Any ideas?

Re: location trouble =/

• edited December 2011
    Check out Simpson Barn in Johnston. There is also a place called the Celebration Barn in Cumming (I believe). 
  • edited December 2011
    For more of a cabin feel you can try the lodge in Walnut Woods.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    The Celebration Barn is in Iowa City (as a warning it costs over $5k).  There is also the Festhalle Barn in the Amana Colonies which is much more rustic but also quite budget friendly (if that is a concern).
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I believe there is a barn that you can rent at Living History Farms. 
  • edited December 2011
    Jester Park Lodge?
  • edited December 2011
    well thank you everyone you all helped =D
  • edited December 2011
    I posted in your QC thread as well, but I thought of another -- the Windsor Heights community center has a very lodge-y feel that might fit what you're looking for. http://www.windsorheights.org/communitycenter.html
  • ShawnaM83ShawnaM83 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm kind of late to this post, but there is a Celebration Barn in Cumming, Iowa (kind of south/southwest of Des Moines, right by Norwalk). My first wedding was there in 2006 and it was gorgeous. We had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all at the one spot. They had a full commercial kitchen, and two levels (the downstairs is like a church basement, it's where we had the rehearsal dinner and where we got ready),  couple picuresqe ponds, one with a pretty walkway and arch for an outdoor ceremony and a small bar area that you can use for beer and wine (no liquor). If it's still around, I'd recommend it. (I don't live in the area anymore, so I'm not sure if it's still open, sorry.) HTH
  • Celebration barn in Cumming is no longer open. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards