Iowa-Des Moines
Options

name change help

Does anyone know anything about how to go about getting your name changed after you are married. I've been told there is paperwork you can get online but I'm not sure where. I am clueless as to how to start this process and where to go after were are married and have all the doucments I'll need. Any information/help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!
image 31 Total invites!
image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: name change help

• Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first thing you'll need to get is your social security card since you can't get a new driver's license or change your payroll at work without one.  I found the paperwork on the SS website.  http://ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf 

You can just mail it in with your CERTIFIED marriage license from the state/county (it has to have the official seal on it). OR, you can bring it into the SS office downtown.  Once you get your SSC in the mail, you can bring it to the DMV to have get your DL (no paperwork needed).  Then you can get all of your financial info changed.  I needed my DL to get my name changed at my bank, but my credit cards and such were done over the phone.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you're welcome!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, thank you, I was spinning my wheels about the same thing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't need your new SS card to get your DL, just your marriage certificate!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards