Iowa-Des Moines

Guest book?!?!

FMIL is insisting that I have a guest book, I wasn't going to do one but she is really adamant about me getting one and basically begged me to. I need help finding a guest book that I would like. I've been searching but haven't found any that popped. I likedhe thumb print tree but that's too big and too much of a hassle for me. Any ideas on where I can find a "unique" guest book?
Anniversary

Re: Guest book?!?!

• lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may sound really rude but I think that if you don't want one, you don't have to have one. If she is willing to pay for it then by all means get it. Otherwise say thanks but no thanks. If you do go through with it, "make" your own. 

I have a friend that had someone take pictures as the guests can in, and then she printed them out and make them into a scrapbook/guestbook. 

This is kinda corny but its worth a shot. You can put a silver sharpie at the table with a bottle of wine and have the guest sign them. 

Leave paper on the table with fun pens and paper and have them write a note saying they were there. 

Good Luck!! Hopefully you figure something out.
    Holiday
  • edited December 2011

That stinks that you are being pushed in to having one.  We are not doing your standard guestbook.  I have collected postcards for years and the "theme" of our wedding is travel.  We are trying to give it a travel vibe without being cheesy.  So, we are having people sign postcards with their name and a message and then putting them in a photo album with see through pages so we can see the front and the back.  FMIL actually bought the album for us. 

I have seen a wishing well idea online where people write their names and a message on a note card and then throw it in the wishing well.  I saw someone have people sign their names on a plate and then they displayed that in their home.  I think I even saw one where they had guests sign a couple of wine bottles.  If there is something symbolic that really represents you and your FI, you could have people sign that. 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was completely against the traditional wedding guestbook (white, sign your name, BORING--IMO). 

I made our guestbook using a Groupon from www.mixbook.com. We have the copyright to our engagement pictures, and they have a pre-created layout for wedding guestbooks, so there are lots of quotes about love/relationships, pictures (I used engagement and older--all have both of us in them), and pages to sign. 

FMIL actually cried when she saw it...everyone that I've shown LOVES it.  And, I love that I'll be able to keep it on our coffee table to look at. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a guest book but I hate those plain ones where people just write their names and addresses!
    Do you like the other traditional thing where you frame a picture of the two of you and get a big matte around the picture and people sign that? Then you hang it in your house.
    What I'm hoping to do is make a scrapbook and have people sign that. My photographer showed me one where she made a scrapbook but it was more of a custom photo album of the couple's engagement photos and then you leave a lot of room for people to sign. You can make these on Walgreens.com or snapfish.com. I think I'm just actually going to make more of a scrapbook so it feels more personal. I'm thinking of a 'our favorite things' theme and then have different pages for each thing.
    Hope that helps!
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried searching on Etsy?  They have a lot of unique guest books from several different vendors.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We are getting a silver serving tray ( to be used later when we have family dinners, ect) that people sign with these special pens. We found ours at Creative Treasures in Ankeny, but I'm sure you could find them online as well.

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry she's being like this. I agree with the Mixbook idea, right now if you wanted to use Picaboo, they have a groupon for $35 for $100 worth of the book!

Here's the link

http://tinyurl.com/44yxlwc
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a photo guest book using our engagement pics (and a couple others we like of us together)-On the left page is the pictures, on the right side are lines to sign.  We made it through shutterfly for about $30 (I had gotten a $20GC to them for ordering BM dresses at DB)

All of the other ideas that pp mentioned are great too and pretty easy to set up/relatively inexpensive. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the photo book as well - from Adoramix.  We're not setting it up with Guest Book pages, but rather the guests will just sign anywhere on the page (around the photos) that they would like.

I do agree though - if you don't want one, don't have one.
  • edited December 2011
    LRPJ- i love the idea of that book!

medusia-how does groupon work if i buy that coupon can i use it at any time or do i need to use it right away?
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the groupon you can start the book now, and you can't user the coupon until the 26th of this month. But it might take you a little while to get the book done.

When you buy it fro the groupon site, it takes a day or 2 to process the whole thing. Then when it says your ready, they will send you an email you can claim it after you're done setting up your book.

Let me know if you have more questions!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting together a scrap fabric, cut into squares. I'll have people sign them, or write little notes, then at a later date, my mom and I are going to put it together as a quilt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards