Ohio-Columbus
Options

Cheaper Dresses

Hey guys! I'm getting married next Oct. 31, and I am about to start my dress shopping- however I am still a college student and working on a budget. I want to try to spend $200-300 on the dress (maybe up to $400 if I LOVE the dress). Does anyone know of places to go around Columbus that will have nice dresses for those prices? I really want to avoid going somewhere that the dresses are way out of my price range. Thanks!

Danyle Laughing

Anniversary
Started TTC March 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS September 2011, Started Taking Metformin
12/20/11 HPT= Positive!!!
12/21/11 Beta #1=67 Progesterone=8.1 (low)
12/22/11 Progesterone Injection & started Progesterone suppositories
12/23/11 Beta #2- 192!! Grow Baby Grow!!
12/29/11 Beta #3- 2298!! Progesterone- 12 (adequate)
First Pre-natal Appt. Jan. 9th.
First U/S Appt. Jan. 12th. Found out I am 6wks4days pregnant! Also, saw and heard heartbeat at 123 BPM.
EDD September 2, 2012
2/14/12 Heartbeat 160 BPM. Dr. said it was "perfect"!
3/16/12 Elective Sex Determination Ultrasound: IT'S A GIRL!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cheaper Dresses

• Options
    KermitClin06KermitClin06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has a large selection of dresses for all budgets and they very frequently have sales (do they still do the $99 dress sale?)
    Don't forget about Filene's Basement, they have their running of the brides sale January 29. (see their schedule here)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo have many dresses that are not too pricey, I would just search their website and see who sells them in the area.
  • Options
    aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try websites like J Crew, Target, Macy's, JC Penney's.  They have wedding dresses that are inexpensive and if you decide with enough time to be patient, you can even wait to order it until you get an e-coupon.  Another option is to find a nice formal dress from a department store or bridesmaids' line and order it in white or ivory.
    A
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get a white bridesmaid dress instead of a "wedding dress"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Trumpington Bridal House in Sunbury Ohio.  I didn't want to spend more than $500.  I found my dress there for $499, it was originally $1100!  But the one that I tried on before I found the one (Which I thought was "the one" until I tried on "THE ONE") was only $299.  Kathy is very affordable and has a great selection to choose from.  It is an intimate setting and she gives you her undivided attention and she is not afraid to tell you if your looking at a dress that is out of your budget.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Alan Ray Bridal as well! I purchased a Maggie Sottero Gown from there.  Their prices are pretty affordabe, plus they are always running specials that can get you an additional percentage off:-) Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards