Iowa-Des Moines

Rehearsal Dinner Ideas--DM

Hello!

My fiance and I are stuck!  We are having a hard time finding a place for our rehearsal dinner.  Any ideas?  We're getting married in West Des Moines.  Hotel/Reception is downtown, so we're open to places in both WDM or DM.  We also don't want anything that is crazy expensive.  Our wedding is in July and we'll have about 50 people at the rehearsal dinner. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Ideas--DM

• edited December 2011
    we r having just the bridal party, their families, and our parents at rehersal.  we gotta talk to his parents about it for sure, but we would like to have it at his dad and step-mom's house.  they have a fire pit to cook smores and hot dogs on, and we've thought about throwing some burgers on the grill. we'll also have some kind of salad probably to go along with it and chips. nothing fancy, just something fun.  everybody is going to be very stressed by that point, so we agreed that something fun and relaxing was important to us, something that could be done cheaply and with little effort.  i recommend that u do the same.  do u or anybody u know have a decent-sized backyard?  you could also have it in a park.  i don't about DSM, but in many small town parks there are girlls and shelter houses that u can use; if u r going to go that route u should check w/ur local park & rec to reserve a shelter house.  i know saylorville lake has a bunch of shelter houses.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Raccoon River Brewing Company and were very happy with it.
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours in Grimes, but it sounds like you'll have way more people than would fit in our place - I don't know what kind of atmosphere you're after, but I thought it would be kind of fun to do something at the new Incredible Pizza Company - only thing is they don't serve alcohol, and you would need to be excited about a casual dining atmosphere.  But they have these big 1950s-themed rooms that could easily be closed off for your group, and they have indoor GO-KARTS! :)
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at InPlay (now called AllPlay, I believe) and it was a BLAST!  If you want a stuffy, sit down dinner then I don't suggest it.  But we had ours in the bowling room :)  Everyone had a great time.  It was a good way to let loose before the big day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards