Iowa-Des Moines

HELP-- Photographer!!

I've had by photographer booked since last summer for my wedding in October of this year. Until just a couple days ago, that is. She's no longer able to do the wedding. :(

I feel like I've emailed a million photographers and they're either unavailable, or outrageously priced. I would really like to have the option to purchase rights release to the photos (which was included with my original photographer) without spending a fortune.

Anybody have any suggestions of who I should check out? The wedding is in LaPorte City, which is near Waterloo. It's getting down to crunch time and I feel like I'm completely S.O.L.

TIA

Re: HELP-- Photographer!!

• edited December 2011
    Here are 2 I found that offer copyrights releases on their photos. I didn't check out their photos as we are doing a DW and getting someone local.

www.eloquentphotography.com

http://www.bgeventphoto.com

Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who may be able to help. He is very talented and a photojournalist. He recently parted ways from his photography partner and is going out on his own.

You can email me at nataloo314 @ gmail com and I can give you more info or put you in touch with him.
  • abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using eloquent photo.  Prices are good and our engagement pics turned out great.  Photos aren't a big thing to us so I wasn't willing to spend $$$ and I wanted to have rights to ours as well. I would be check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    We loved our photographers!!!!!  Check out Holland Family Arts.  Let me know if you want to see the pics from our wedding.  I have some previous posts raving about them.  Good luck booking a new photog!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow.. thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!

lilaah- I would defintely like to see some of your pics if you don't mind. I couldn't find a website for them!

Thanks so much, all of you! :)
  • harpjenharpjen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having friends take our, however, I would agree with Phoeny...Life Art Photography seems to have some really good pricing.  They are my choice if something falls through with our friends.  I was able to meet the photographers while attending the bridal show at the Sheriton Hotel in West Des Moines as the beginning of the month---great people!
  • renaenae33renaenae33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using M and M Photography out of Grimes.  I think he has done weddings in Dubuque before so he might just charge you some mileage.  Very reasonable prices and you get the copyright!

http://www.mandmphotosonline.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Well... I checked out lifeartphotographs.com and they did have great prices. So I called and talked to her and told her I wanted to book and that my fiance and I would figure out a time to come meet with her to sign the contract etc. She said she would hold my date for 72 hours.

This was Friday..

She emailed me on Saturday to tell me that she just booked somebody else for my date. Second time I've had this happen in the last 2 weeks.. I'm pretty sure my wedding is screwed. Might as well just throw some disposable cameras at guests and hope I get a few good shots.

(Sorry that was kind of a rant. I'm a little stressed. And irritated...)
  • BellaJohn918BellaJohn918 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amanda @ amandabasteen.com for my wedding.  Her work is amazing and I know she offers a disk with all the photos and printing rights with her package.  I don't know what your budget is, but i would check her out.  She did a friend of mine's wedding last Sept. and her photos were some of the best I've ever seen.  We are doing our engagement pics with her this spring!
  • BellaJohn918BellaJohn918 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amanda @ amandabasteen.com for my wedding.  Her work is amazing and I know she offers a disk with all the photos and printing rights with her package.  I don't know what your budget is, but i would check her out.  She did a friend of mine's wedding last Sept. and her photos were some of the best I've ever seen.  We are doing our engagement pics with her this spring!
  • edited December 2011
    Just throwing this out there, I don't have any October weddings for this year booked yet.  If you're interested, let me know:  garnetphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Out of curiosity, who did you have booked that backed out on you first?
  • krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are usiing Fairytale Photography. They are great, and I bet they have your date open!

Melissa and Ben Rezab
    Fairy Tale Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions everybody.

ashleymarie- I have actually since had another photographer have to cancel. The first was Sackett Photography out of Jesup and the second was Lytton Photography out of Davenport. Both were obviously out of their control so I understand.. it's just frustrating..
  • edited December 2011
    Chels--wow, that is frustrating! Have you found anyone yet? I've booked Reflected Images out of Des Moines. They're prices are very reasonable and they're pictures are great! Give them a call, ya never know, they may be available.

Good luck!!!
  • BlueJeanGalBlueJeanGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.jillmariephotography.com These two are going to do our wedding.  We just had our engagement pictures taken a couple weeks ago and the photographers were great!  We had so much fun with them!  They are based out of Vinton, IA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards