Iowa-Des Moines

Need some color advice

Hey fellow Iowa Brides!

I am just looking for some advice with my wedding colors.  My FI really loves the color orange but I cannot see orange as one of my wedding colors.  I have found the colors (according to Behr paint samples) apple orchard and carnation bloom (green and pink).  I really love this combination and I think that I could incorporate some lighter orange accents into the wedding for my FI.  We are getting married Fall 2011.  I just wanted to send this out onto the boards and see what you guys think! 

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Need some color advice

• edited December 2011
    I understand you on the orange thing... orange and yellow are my two least favorite colors.  I always thought I would have pink at my wedding, and now that I'm planning wedding, we aren't even using pink.  We are actually using blue, orange, yellow, and all the other fall/harvest colors.  lol  I LOVE this color combination wheel: http://www.brides.com/planning/receptions/colorstudio/  When we first got engaged I experimented with it, and used my 64-pack of crayons to color each combination I liked onto paper so that I could see it better.  The color wheel gives you a BUNCH of color combos that you wouldn't even think of.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link!  I'll check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married on Labor Day weekend 2011, so we picked orange and yellow as our wedding colors.  We thought yellow symbolized the ending of summer and the orange, the beginning of fall, which is what most people think of Labor Day weekend.  We also wanted to have a fun wedding.  My BM are going to be wearing orange dresses and everything else will be yellow.  I was kind of hesitant about it when we first picked those colors, but when looking at photos on here of previous weddings with that combo, they look wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I personally do not like pink so it wouldnt be my choice of colors... Not that they are necessarily a bad combination... just not what I would pick.... I really think it could be a cool color combo and very modern to do orange and grey... grey is the new chocolate brown i hear! just an idea :) good luck!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards