Iowa-Des Moines

Hair and Makeup Bridal Party Services in Des Moines, Iowa

Hello everyone! I will be getting married at the Blank Park Zoo in June next year and need to find a hair and makeup artist/salon for myself, 3 bridesmaids, and my future mother-in-law on the special day. Does anyone have any recommendations that won't break the bank? On site services would be exceptionally nice, but aren't necessarily needed. I have called around and the cheapest I have found so far are starting at $70/person, please help!

Re: Hair and Makeup Bridal Party Services in Des Moines, Iowa

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a friend that did our hair and came to the Ceremony side, she only does hair though. Let me know if you want her info and I'll PM you!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Salon 86 and they were much lower than $70 per person. Jennifer (the owner) is amazing.
  • I'll just tell you what I did, in case that gives you any ideas.
    We all went to the Aveda salon in Jordan Creek Mall. Updos and styles ran about $50 each. Then we got our makeup done at the Bare Escentuals store. They do that for free. Of course, they want you to buy something but you don't have to. I bought all my bridesmaids $20 gift cards to Bare Escentuals so they could buy something.
    So price wise that might work for you.
    I initially wasn't too found of trapsing around the mall on my wedding day and just wanted one stop at a salong that would do both. However, I didn't plan too far in advance for this so this was really my only option. It turned out great though! The Bare Escentuals store is awesome and I love their products.
  • Hi, My name is Danielle and I am Co Owner of Beauty of all faces, we specialize in wedding makeup and can travel to your location for your wedding day. Look us up at www.beautyofallfaces.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards