Iowa-Des Moines

Candy Buffet

Is anyone else doing a candy buffet?  Have any ideas of how you set it up or pics??  I am thinking of doing a purple themed one. 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Candy Buffet

• edited December 2011
    Hm... that's interesting.  I've never been to a wedding with a candy buffet.  Smile  Here are some ideas of what you could get in purple though:
    • skittles
    • m&ms (ordered online)
    • jelly beans
    • twizzlers (they make fruity flavored ones)
    • homemade cream cheese mints (if I had a recipe yet to share I would, let me know if you find a good one)
    • homemade painted chocolates (very easy)
    • kool-aid (not candy I realize, but still and idea)
    I think you can see pics of what people have done for a candy buffet somewhere on the knot's website.  I would say to put everything in individual bowls (white or clear, probably white though), and have some kind of little serving spoon for each of the small things.  Other things like mints and chocolates can just be picked up by hand.  That's all I have for ideas right now.
  • edited December 2011

I would google for pictures...I had originally thought about doing one but changed my mind...I googled images of them and found TONS!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm dong a candy buffet for our wedding.  We were originally going to have hot pink and black (dark brown) candy.  I just wasn't finding what I wanted for the black candy, so we are only having pink candy with a black table cloth under the jars.  I actually found most of my candy after Valentines Day and paid half price for everything!  We are having 3 big jars of hersey kisses-two different types raspberry and carmel, two different types of jelly beans- not sure which kind yet, and pink rock candy.  We have little serving spoons for the jelly beans. 

Something to think about.  When we had met with our reception site, they said the candy had to be wrapped because of health code. We also can't bring in any home made candies because of health code.  They would wave the jelly beans though.  So you might want to ask to see if your reception site would allow a candy buffet. 

If you are looking for jars to put your candy in I would definitely check out Michaels.  They have some really cute ones there! Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You could probably get some purple candy after Easter and probably pay half price!
  • edited December 2011
    You could even use mason jars.  I know I've seen small mason jars in bulk at Target, but I don't know about bigger ones.  I live in a small town, and our Farm & Home always has canning jars available.  Sometimes Wal-Mart even has canning jars.
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh these are all great ideas!  Thanks everyone!!  Good call on asking the reception site if they will allow a candy buffet....I will have to do that!!  I did look up pictures but most of  the ones I saw online were so elaborate.  I want something more simple. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    tdibble- our candy buffet wont be so elaborate.  If you want I can take a picture of what we will have and email it to you.  Just let me know
  • edited December 2011
    That would actually be way helpful!!!  My email is dibble03@hotmail.com.  Are you having your candy buffet as your wedding favor?  Are you placing little bags or decorative boxes on the buffet for the guests to fill up with the candy and take home?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes the candy buffet will be our favors.  I would have loved to use cute little boxes but I could never find any that were in my price range.  We will use little clear plastic cups.  I don't like that we are using cups...but that's what fit our price range!
  • lizrolinglizroling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mlkjas- would you mind emailing me a picture as well? I would love to see your ideas for your candy buffet!! my email is laroling21@gmail.com

thanks!!
  • SuzieBlevsSuzieBlevs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a candy bar also!
    I've gotten a lot of good idea's off of this web site:
    http://amyatlas.com/index.php/main/portfolio/
    www.hostessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/uploaded_images/amyatlas_2.jpg" alt="" />

Mlkjas- why don't you do little bags.. um like the brown paper ones that you can get in white-  http://www.webstaurantstore.com/2-lb-white-paper-bag-500-bd/433W2BG.html
    You could stamp something on them and have holes punched out for ribbon to tie them closed?? That's what I'm thinking of doing!
    www.webstaurantstore.com/2-lb-white-paper-bag-500-bd/2-lb-white-paper-bag-500-bd.jpg" border="0" alt="2 lb White Paper Bag 500/BD" title="2 lb White Paper Bag 500/BD" />
  • edited December 2011
    I want to do a candy bar too! Our colors are blue and silver and I think the idea is soo cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards