Iowa-Des Moines

going to check out a reception venue!

It's new... called Events Center West. I'm really excited! I'll have to let you guys know what I think of it! 

Re: going to check out a reception venue!

• edited December 2011
    yeah, give us the rundown & have fun! where is it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lizrolinglizroling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is in WDM by TJ Maxx. It used to be Billy Joe's Picture Show, and they tore everything out and redid the whole place. It was nice... very plain, which made it hard for me because I'm not very creative, so I had a hard time picturing the place all decorated and beautiful....but it's an option! 
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard about that place! So they don't have any set decorations? How about their prices?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • lizrolinglizroling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's $1500 to rent the place for the day. There are no decorations at all... it's just a big open room with white walls. I am so not creative, so it's so hard for me to picture the place all decorated and looking beautiful. I don't know what to do!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I could see where that would be hard! And for 1500 you think that they would have something as far as decorations go.
    Let us know where you decide to go!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at having our reception there too. Theres a lot you can do with decorations though because its so unique, I loved the table set up area how it was tiered :)  you could always wrap tule and lights around the bars and stuff for decorations too :)
  • edited December 2011
    I also checked them out.  I was not impressed.  Yes, it's all gutted and "new" but it was too blah for my taste.  I didn't want to spend $1500 to rent the place then another $500-$1000 to make it pretty.

We are having ours in Ames at Hickory Park Hall.  I LOVED it the moment we walked in.  Somewhat similar set up but it's pretty!  They already have tulle swags, it is tiered, but more in an L shape.  They rent it for $2000/ but once your food and beverage totals meet the $2000 they waive the rental fee.

I definitely recommend at least checking it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards