Iowa-Des Moines

DJ bailed - anyone have any recommendations?

We hired Tiny Tunes DJ months and months ago. We found out a few months ago that the owner had died, but we were under the impression that we would still be able to use the company. Today we discovered that their phone has been disconnected - so I think we need to find someone new. Goodbye to that deposit!

Does anyone have any recommendations? Our wedding is May 30, so hopefully we will be able to find someone good on short notice.

If you have signed a contract with Tiny Tunes beware - I think they have gone out of business!!

Re: DJ bailed - anyone have any recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    We are using Eagle Entertainment...he is from Ames.
    it is $600 for 6 hours of play time
    It is worth looking into

http://www.eagleentertainmentdj.com/
  • krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Nick Walke out of Ames. He is great!! Very budget friendly and so easy to talk to. He did my sister's (Mom2one14) wedding in October, so I know he's good.

nickwalke@jamboxllc.com

Good luck!

• FutureMrsThysFutureMrsThys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are going with wedding day entertainment out of west DSM, the owner has 19 yrs experiance and has 3 other dj's working for  him....very professional :)
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Puttin' on the Hitz out of Des Moines - can't vouch for how good they are, but a couple of brides I think also used/are using them from this board.  $450 for four hours!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_dj-bailed-anyone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:bb71767b-f0de-4635-a463-8af431858015Post:9e25d8bc-1ca4-4070-b9c2-bad9ce4abcb0">Re: DJ bailed - anyone have any recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Puttin' on the Hitz out of Des Moines - can't vouch for how good they are, but a couple of brides I think also used/are using them from this board.  $450 for four hours!
    Posted by EJPint[/QUOTE]

LOVED them.  Our dance floor was packed all night long.  They did a great job for us, very professional.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Complete Music DJ out of des moines, they are super super nice to work with and worked with our budget too which was nice :)  Good luck finding someone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards