Iowa-Des Moines

Cedar Falls Reception. Help!

I need some help, please. We're looking for an up-scale venue for our wedding reception. The only places I know of are Park Place and UNI. And we have 300+ guests. Thanks!

Re: Cedar Falls Reception. Help!

• yourdjyourdj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get started on your planning your special day before you venture out to the bridal fairs shoot me an email and I can get you some info on halls, entertainment, photographers and even video ideas.  Yourdj@cox.net
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pipac Centre? My friend had her reception there last weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Pipac--gorgeous place
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding at the masonic temple downtown.  I don't know how many guests it held but it was very pretty!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pipac.  But isn't that owned by Darin Beck also?  Just saying...

Isle of Capri, Supervisors Club?  I know that UNI rents out a lot of their places for weddings like Wartburg does in Waverly...
  • BreVBreV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! We had a tour at Park Place (aka the pipac) yesterday. It was beautiful, but a little over-priced. I'll keep it on the list but the search is still on! 
  • edited December 2011

I am also looking for a reception location in the Cedar Falls area for around 300 people. What other locations have you looked at? Any luck?

• BreVBreV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the only one we've look at so far, but there's also Uni and the Rotary Reserve.
  • edited December 2011
    UNI has 3 reception venues. The Commons, Mauker Union, and Gallagher Bluedorn.

Our reception will be at the Commons Ballroom there and they said it holds up to 220 for sit down dinner reception. I'm not sure what the other 2 hold, but I think they are bigger.

I dont think the Rotary Reserve would hold 300+

There's the Waterloo Center for the Arts downtown Waterloo or the 5 Sullivan's Center. Not sure how many they hold either.

Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards