Iowa-Des Moines

Bachelorette Party

My bachelorette party is the weekend in Des Moines.  We are staying at the Drury Inn and having some drinks there to start.  Then we are going to eat at Wellman's and then to the bars in the West Glen area.  Any suugestions of what bars to go to????  I am not opposed to leaving the West Glen area, but there are going to be around 20 girls so that may be more of a hassle.  Please let me know any input as most of us do not live in the area and are not sure which would be the good bars to go to.

Re: Bachelorette Party

• edited December 2011
    Blue Moon Piano Bar is really fun!!! It's basically packed all the time though, so sometimes it's probably just standing room only if you don't go early enough to get a table. If your party is on a Friday, you can reserve tables but you have to arrive by 6pm. That's my fave bar out in West Glen.
  • edited December 2011
    So Sara, how was your BP party? Did you have fun? By the way, have you found out about the surprise?
  • edited December 2011
    My FI an I live right in the West Glen area and love it!

If you're looking for a good Mexican place to eat, Los Cabos is located in the strip mall area right by the Target..delish and totally within walking distance of your hotel!

Bars: Gino's--PHENOMENAL martini list...very modern inside and neat place.  Not a huge fan of the food, but the drinks make up for it :-)

Blue Moon Piano Bar-GREAT place.  Get there early, so you can get a table and avoid cover (I think you need to get there prior to 5:30 or 6pm).  It gets busy, but every time we've gone, it's been a blast

Tonic-great smaller bar.  We generally end our night here.  They have free popcorn, too.

Wellmans Pub & Rooftop--really fun bar.  They usually have a DJ on Saturday nights.  If you want a table, go before 8, or you'll be standing allll night long!

You'll have a blast in the area--it's so fun!!  Update afterwards! :-)
  • saraann62saraann62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I am really excited and will let you know how it goes.

Helena-  I have not found out your surprise yet...still waiting!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Should I give you more time? let me know...
    Sara you are pretty good about it...if was me I was killing you to let me know about the surprise!!! I am so curious!!!!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, the Blue Moon Piano bar is a must see!! Have fun, be sure to come back and let us know!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helena...it is killing me, but I am not sure what to expect...dont't worry I have been watcching for it everyday!!!   It is up to you if you want to tell or want me to wait more.
  • edited December 2011
    Lots of PP gave you some fun ideas!!  Just wanted to say have a great time!! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, something that you and your FI wanted very much is available for you at True Value...at least the lady there told me that. If is not what you wanted, just change it OK? I think she was waiting to deliver it by your wedding day.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh Helena you are to kind!  You did not have to do that!  I look forward to seeing what it is!!!!!!!!!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    You're more than welcome Sara! You helped me a lot and I will be always thankful for that! Hopefully it will be what you wanted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards