Iowa-Des Moines

Doug McBride Photography

I'm using Doug McBride for our pictures and I was wondering if anyone else had used them or know of anyone that is using him so that I could see their engagement/wedding pictures.  He has pictures on his website from weddings, which I love, but none of engagement pictures.  Just curious to see how others turned out.

Re: Doug McBride Photography

• edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of him, but I am also looking for a photographer--any suggestions?? 
  • megs4876megs4876 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good luck! There are so many photographers out there. We ended up going with Doug McBride because he has been doing it for awhile and had the more romantic style I liked but at a cheaper rate than the others with that style.  Paul Taylor is really good. I've seen a lot of his pictures lately from I know that have used him.  He was more expensive than Doug, but his pictures are excellent. I was just so sick of looking and comparing. you eventually have to pick one! lol

• edited December 2011
    James Piper he is my uncle and he does some great work! he owns and opperates Pipeline productions outa of Des Moines and is cheap and you get all your photos within three days! if you need more info let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting about Doug! It's been so frustrating to find someone, and he may work! I can't wait to check photographer off the list :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I just saw this post inquiring on the this photographer and I have to admit that I hired him and I am less than satisfied.  The engagement pictures were much shorter than expected and I don't feel as though I had many quality pictures.  Also, at the wedding Doug and the second photographer we hired barely showed up in time to set up their equipment.  In fact, I had to send someone to ask him if he was ready to start on time.  In addition, it took 10+ weeks to receive our wedding pictures.  Not to mention that the wedding video we paid for is still incomplete 10 weeks later and it is said to be incomplete due to technical difficulties that neither Doug or his partner care to take responsibility for.  If I could give any recommendation, it would be not to hire this photographer.  
  • srteacher75srteacher75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blind Photography is awesome.  It's a mother and daughter team and they are super fun and their pictures are great. 
  • mcdeb58mcdeb58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Doug McBride and were extremely happy. The engagement session only lasted 30 minutes and we got over 100 pictures, every one of them is great. Our wedding was in the spring and the photos are the best wedding photos I've ever seen. The bright color of flowers, the bright blue sky and the poses were more than we expected for the price we paid. There were lots of pictures 800 and we ordered an album and it is fantastic. We loved the photographers, very polite and started earlier than what we paid for. I would recommend Doug McBride Photography to anyone at any price.Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards