Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Best day ever! Vendor review, sorry, long!

Our wedding was yesterday - what a fun, fun weekend!  Husband is talking on the phone, so thought I'd take a minute to type up a quick vendor review!

Reception/Catering - Toad Valley Golf Course - A+++++ - Allison George and team were AWESOME!  Everything flowed, she was as good as any weddng planner we could have hired.  The place looked beautiful, I heard the food was amazing, and they took care of every detail.  Allison even made sure to bring me a plate of my favorite food so that I didn't go hungry, but I just didn't get time to eat a thing in between visiting wtih guests and dancing.

Cake - Goodies from the Heart/Amy Hansen - A+ - YUM!  The cake looked oh so pretty, and it was absolutely delicious.  Better yet, it was the best price we got from any of the decorators we looked for.  Highly recommend!

Pictures - StudioU Photography (Heidi and Troy Eiffert) - A+++++ - they did such a thorough job, worked great with the kids, kept everyone on task, and based on our engagement pictures and the few shots we saw on the camera, they're going to be amazing pictures.  Can't wait to get proofs!

DJ - Puttin' on the Hitz- B - did a pretty good job, were really easy to work with, but forgot a key element for one of the dances, and thought they could have done more to encourage people onto the dance floor.  But I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, they were pretty good, and very reasonably priced!

Hair/Makeup - Sage Tree Salon, Altoona - A for hair/makeup, D for nails - this is "my" salon anyway, so I knew Jessi would do a great job with hair and makeup, and I was right.  My nails were a mess, though - I did them Friday afternoon, and after three hours they were still not dry and ended up getting ruined, my cuticle on my thumb was bleeding - yikes!  To their credit, they fixed me on the fly the day of the wedding with a more experienced person, so it made up for it.

Decor/Flowers - Cynthia Betts - A++++ - love her.  Just love her.  She was so nice, and so helpful, and the reception site looked so good that they called in a photographer to get pictures before the reception started.  The flowers were beautiful, and she helped us with ideas and suggestions despite the fact that we didn't hire her in a wedding planning capacity (she does that too, and I imagine she must do an amazing job with that, too)

Church - Plymouth Congregational - feels odd to rate them, and they aren't really a vendor, just my church, but I will say they were mostly great. 

Dress - Hope's Bridal - C - I loved my dress, but Hope's is not ideal.  The building stinks, the help was less than helpful, my dress went home with me in a plastic bag rather than any kind of garment bag, and they do the trick of ripping out the labels of dresses so you don't know who the dressmaker is until you buy it.

Website - wedshare.com - A - it is a paid site, but it's PayPal compatible for a honeymoon registry, had online RSVP, lots of tools for planning and guest list management, and we got tons of compliments on our site.  www.pint-hayenwedding.com if anyone wants to check it out!

K, that's it - I'm disconnecting from the world until after the honeymoon!!!

Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!

Re: Best day ever! Vendor review, sorry, long!

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Sounds like you had a Blast! Congrats!!!!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    ltykaltyka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I peeked at your website - it is fantastic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for the ultra-prompt reviews, and CONGRATS MRS!!! :)  We are using Toad Valley after seeing your suggestion several months ago, so I'm glad to hear it was as awesome as it seemed it would be. Too bad about the nails, but glad they fixed them. Overall, sounds fabulous! Enjoy the honeymoon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much for posting!  We are getting married next year...we were going to get married outside of DSM but are now throwing around the idea of having it here.  I had never thought about Toad Valley....we've been golfing there before and LOVED it.  Funny - Sage Tree Altoona is my salon too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Toad valley looks amazing! i am going to have to look into them thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards