Iowa-Des Moines

Post Poneing

So my Fiance and I have decided to post-pone our wedding because I have taken a job in Des Moines and living with my parents while he stays in Missouri until our house sells. We didn't want to live in separate states right after we were married. 
I don't know what the proto-call is on this. I'm sending out post cards tomorrow telling everyone that we have post-poned but I know some people can't get a refund on their plane tickets.
We are 100% going to have the wedding as soon as we're living together once again, but we don't know when that'll be...
I am sad because the wedding is so close and everything is already planned and bought. We just have to move our date.....

Re: Post Poneing

• edited December 2011

Oh that's too bad! I really don't know what protocall is on that either. How many people do you think can't get out of their travel plans? Would it be feasible to suggest having like an 'engagement party'? So then at least those people who can't get out of the travel arrangements can at least still come to something and see you guys.

• SuzieBlevsSuzieBlevs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's a really good idea! But we've been engaged since July 2009!

• edited December 2011
    If everything is planned and ready to go and people already have travel arrangements - are you sure you need to move the date? it seems like it would be more cost effective to stick with your date. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards