Iowa-Des Moines

Cake Toppers

Just wondering what people were doing for the top of their wedding cake?    I've checked out Etsy but really haven't found anything that I am absolutely in love with.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Toppers

• edited December 2011
    I haven't decided either. I'm torn between getting a fall looking tree thing and maybe doing some clay people of my FI and myself and our cats..don't know yet.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing flowers because I didn't really see anything else that I liked, and our monogram is going to be on the side of our cake so I didn't want to do our initial or anything like that on there either.
    Anniversary
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found really cute wedding cake toppers online at http://www.justcaketoppers.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I haven't thought about cakes as much as everyone else has...  I'm not the biggest fan of cake toppers actually...  Though my FSIL is an artist and mentioned making a cake topper for us; if that was more than just a passing thought I'm sure she'll come up with something cool!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are doing flowers and our last initial
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We got the Willowtree Promise Cake Topper that way we can keep it and display it later and I like the willowtree figurines.
  • edited December 2011
    We got the willow tree "promise" statue from the Hallmark store -- it's like the cake topper mentioned in the post above only taller and without the base. We too wanted to be able to display it with other willow tree figurines later on and I have a love afair with willow tree, so it only felt right. We aren't going to put it on the top of our cake since we are only doing a 2-tier, but rather next to it. I found some photos somewhere that showed the same statue displayed that way next to the cake and loved it. We will probably put a few flowers on the cake to give it a splash of color too. 
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards