July 2012 Weddings

***Rachael7183***

Just got back from our honeymoon early yesterday morning, but wanted to make sure you saw my post in your Zoetry thread!!!!!!

I had the absolute best 9 days of my entire life at Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita, so feel free to ask me any questions that you might have, I am happy to help!

Re: ***Rachael7183***

• ooh tell me all about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And...also, the food is organic, right? How was the food/drinks?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • every single meal was seriously, seriously 5 stars. Like, better than really nice restaurants good. They try to use almost all organic ingredients, they customize everything to your likings, have amazing theme nights (one of our favorites was traditional Mayan night - really interesting spices and steaks and flavorings), so you never get tired of the menus. They also have room service available 24 hours a day, and the room service is just as tasty as the restaurants. You can eat as much as you want, whenever you want!

The drinks were just as good as the food....too good, in fact....when we arrived, I went kind of nuts and chugged a bottle of champagne on our way to the resort from the airport. Then we had MORE champagne waiting for us in our room, then we had wine with lunch, and then I had like 4 frozen drinks by the pool. THe second day was kind of painful, hahaha!!! They have all top-shelf stuff (every type of high end tequila you can imagine, Grey Goose, bourbons, everything). 

the best thing was all the fun activities/extras/etc. that they include. You get a bottle of champagne every day, a huge welcome bottle of tequila, maid service in your room 3 times a day, chocolates brought to your room every night with flowers put on your bed for turndown service, catamaran sunset sails, yoga classes every day, other fitness and wellness classes, spa treatments, enrichment classes, wine tastings, tea time with pastries and drinks every day, omg I could go on and on.

I will be honest - I have never been to an all-inclusive resort before - but seriously, we were pampered beyond belief.

Oh, and the other amazing part is the staff. We got to be friends with so many of the workers. They would all call us by name as we walked around, and the servers started fighting over who got to have our table because we had gotten to know everyone so well and everyone liked us!! By the end of the trip we had to hug all the workers goodbye because we loved everyone so much.

My one word of advice would be this: if you are looking for nighttime entertainment, or to go clubbing, or to stay out late and have nightlife, Zoetry would NOT be for you. We wanted romance, relaxation, fitness-oriented activities, lots of yoga, and amazing food....and Zoetry was absolutely a perfect fit for us. That's not to say we didn't get drunk lots of nights - we did!! and we made lots of friends at the hotel bars and met people from all over the world. But, the bars shut down around 11, and I am not lying when I saw that husband and I were asleep, in bed, by about 10:30 every night.  but it was exactly what we wanted and what we needed after the stress of wedding planning!

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!!
  • PS I saw your post on the other thread - there's a girl on the honeymoon boards who has been to the one in the DR and she said it was absolutely amazing, and when she raved about how amazing things were to the workers there, they told her to try Paraiso (where we went) because it's even better! I am sure the service and food will be just as good - I THINK it's just slightly bigger, but I am not sure...Paraiso only has 90 suites (but was probably not even half full while we were there), and I think the DR Zoetry is bigger.
  • It sounds AMAZING.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • From MBA's post on this, I want to go there now!!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards