January 2013 Weddings
Options

Holy Crap - Just ordered my invitations! PIP

This feels like a huge step, and now I am nervous/excited that it is done! 

I really want fancy/elegant invitations, but don't have the budget to have them professionally made. So I scoured the internet and catalogs for ideas, until I came up with exactly what I wanted. They are going to look something like this:

Except:
1) The paper will be royal blue. 
2) The top of the right side will have one of our engagement pictures. 
3) The left pockets will include an RSVP card and envelope, and an Accomedations card, with the info of the two hotels we have blocked rooms. 
4) The pictured white paper will look like this (minus the black bars of course.) 
5) The back will be stamped with one of our favorite quotes, "Grow old along with me for the best is yet to be." under a blue satin ribbon. 
6) They will be sealed shut with a stamp of my fiance's family crest (Yup, they are fancy like that.) 

I ordered all of the printed materials from Vistaprint (Hooray 50% off sale!) and will begin assembling and addressing them after they arrive. Luckily I am a teacher, so I will have all summer to make sure they are perfect before sending them out inNovember. Did I mention that I have been practicing my calligraphy for all of those addresses? :)  
White Knot
Wedding Countdown Ticker
157 invitedimage
118 accept with pleasureimage
35 decline with regretsimage
4 are driving me crazyimage
RSVP Date: December 15th

Re: Holy Crap - Just ordered my invitations! PIP

• Options
    They look pretty fancy to me! I just ordered mine the other day and I can't wait for them to get here. Theres nothing more "official" than ordering dozens of pieces of paper with your names and date on it!
  • Options
    thats so exciting. they sound gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the ones you assemble yourself!  Will you let us know what you think of the process and time it takes?  I am still deciding how to do it....

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't even ordered save the dates yet (probably will this week or next) am I behind? The Knot says I am on schedule...GAH!
  • Options

Tamara, I sent out my STDs 2 months ago because I wanted people to be able to plan for our wedding being so soon after Christmas, but no I don't think you're far behind schedule, I take the Knot's schedule with a grain of salt.
    It seems like OP ordered her invites early to me, but I guess it doesn't matter if you have all the details worked out.  Our printer told us we didn't have to order until a week before we wanted to send them out, which is a ways away.

• Options
    They arrived and look awesome! If you do any ordering from Vistaprint, I stongly suggest gong with the linen finish. They not only look awesome, but they feel awesome too. And Google around for coupons, I got these for 50% off because I found a coupon code.  

Yes, I ordered them super early, because I am going to make them myself. Being a teacher, the summer is the perfect time for me to do that (along with lots of other wedding projects!) I won't actually be sending them out until November, but it will be nice to have them made early. 

Now I can start finding the other ingredients: the paper and ribbon. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards