January 2013 Weddings
Options

Feeling Real

Had my first bridal shower this past weekend. Getting things for our life together brought with it some very intense feelings of how real everything is. Had a fabulous time! My Aunts planned the threw the shower for me. it was wonderful. I am so grateful to them for it.

Had to deal with some very unpleasant remarks from my FMIL. Thought about doing a whole post about it, but figured in the end all it would do would be to rile me up about everything all over again. So all I will say is that I will be glad when FI and I have our own place.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: Feeling Real

• Options
    That's so exciting! I'm still waiting for it to feel real. But my showers and dress fitting are in 2 weeks, so I'm hopeful!! FI and I ran our half marathon Sunday. He feels fine, but I can hardly walk!!
  • Options
    haha, that's awesome though! I need to get back in shape. I have a lot of friends running marathons and half marathons and it just makes me feel like..."mmm, couch, you understand me." hahaha. But way to go!
  • Options
    We met with our mortgage broker to finalize our preapproval amount and finished up our registry this weekend.. we were standing in middle of Kohls and FH goes "i cannot believe we are making a registry for our wedding with items for our first house" and just stood there. Lol. Id say it hit him! On the other note, im so pumped for the items on our registry!
  • Options
    Yeah, it was weird looking at the stuff we got from this weekend. Just like, this is it, this is the start of it all.

We're sending out our invites at the end of the week, and we're going to a wedding where FI is a groomsmen...groomsman? whatever. It's just weird knowing that come Monday morning, we will be exactly two months from the wedding.

I also dropped off my gown at the tailors. Things just keep getting crossed off the list. :)
  • Options
    I know what you guys mean. I sent out my invites Saturday (I couldn't wait!). It was the most amazing feeling!! And, we already got our first RSVP back! 

We're getting married!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HAHA, this is AWESOME...feels sooo nice to chat with other ladies who are getting excited and realization moments too!!!  : )

Heroes- totally know what you mean about your OWN place together...been there too..
    It will all work out.  Take a deep breath and keep moving forward!!  I am too.  ; )

HOW EXCITING!!  My shower is this Sat...cannot wait!!  Some of my girls and my aunt is throwing it for me.  I know the date and time but not the place.  SO looking forward to seeing some of my loved ones!
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards