January 2013 Weddings

Flower Budget

Me and my hunny are getting married Jan 2013 ( most likely the 19th).  I have my rough buget estimate for everything EXCEPT flowers.  I dont even know what a good estimate would be.  We are trying to spend under $20,000 for the whole wedding and I am looking for centerpieces branches, tealights, and some white flowers.

Has anyone gotten to this stage of planning and if so what is a number I can expect to spend?

Re: Flower Budget

• It will depend on what types of flowers you want, how many, what arrangements, etc.

I'm having difficulties myself getting general cost from florists as well.

I've seen packages though that range from $200 to $2000. I think it depends a lot on how things are on an individual basis.

Personally, I'm trying not to spend more than $300 on all of the flowers total. But I also will not have floral centerpieces, and the church will already be decorated since my FI and I will be getting married so close to christmas. I want real flowers, I just don't want to pay out the butt for them. So I'm willing to sacrifice size and bloom type for cost.
  • We have the same budget, so maybe I can help. I emailed a bunch of florists in the area my venue is (it's far from where I live), with what I was looking for. I described my design ideas for centerpieces, including some pictures I have found, as well as some "crazy" ideas I have had. They each got back to me in a variety of ways. Some listed the ranges of prices for each thing: bouquets, centerpieces, etc. Others listed the things they could do, what they would sell vs rent to me, and the total cost. I am going to meet with the top contenders next week. Because my budget is so important to me, I will tell them that the bottom line is $1,600 for absolutely everything, and I will compare what they can do with that. I have found in my planning that vendors really respond to my honesty about what I can spend right upfront. (The DJ I booked last week came in $800 under his original quote when I told him that is what I could afford.) 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards