January 2013 Weddings

January 2013 Club

I officially joined the January 2013 club today!  Signed the contract for Jan 26.  Woo hoo!  I've been lurking on here for ages, hoping posts would pick up a little bit.  Here's a start!

Where are you all in your planning?  What have you finished so far?  We are working on our save the dates now, so they'll be all out by the middle/end of next week.  And our party is heavy out of town (as in Australia out of town), so things are a bit complicated and I've been working on group airfares.  But we are a bit behind in everything else...  Anybody else feeling way behind?  Or do you feel on top of everything?  Would love to hear from you all!  :)

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: January 2013 Club

• Congrats! With 8 months to go you just have  to keep a steady pace of checking things off, but youre probably not behind at all. 
    Ive been engaged for a while. All I really have left are BM dresses, cake, hair, makeup and sending out invites.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! Congrats!

We're in kind of an odd place in wedding planning. We know what we're going to do about a lot of what we have left, but we're not sure how we're going to do it. Like cake and catering, we know who, but we don't know what, bridesmaids dresses are picked out, but due to budget constraints, we're waiting for either price to drop or we're going to see how troublesome they'd be to make. We still have the small details like tablescapes and ceremony readings and music to plan, and we still have some meetings with our priest to accomplish. I have a lot of DIY left to do, and for the past 8 months, I've been doing most of it solo. Luckily, FI will be home in two weeks to help with everything that's left. :) Reading my post it makes me seem a lot less on the ball than I felt 5 minutes ago. hahaha.
  • Congratulations and welcome to the club!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KimJLKimJL member
    First Comment
    Congrats! I feel like I've gotten a lot done but still have a lot more to do. We have sent out S.T.D. and I have my wedding dress with accessories already bought and in my closet. BM dresses have been picked out and must be bought by the end of the month as assurance for me since all my BMs are out of state. Ceremony & reception sites are locked down. Still feel like I'm behind for some reason though.
  • It is crazy!  Wedding timelines are their own monster -- I never really appreciated.  But so far we have a date/venue and that's about it.  I feel like we've been shopping around and figuring out options for a long time, but since we are trying to accommodate so many schedules (just for our immediate family members -- Australia and US), the date took SO MUCH LONGER than it should have.  Now that we have a date and a venue, though, it's been more of the fun stuff for the past week or two!

We're meeting with our priest this weekend.

We've met with or explored options for:
    band/DJ
    photographer
    florist
    and we're considering using a stationer.  I am bad with DIY, but afraid of the cost.

And I've got appointments at a couple of bridal salons this week.  I'm going with my sister/MOH, hoping we'll get a chance to try some things on her too so we can see what sorts of things we like best.  Our colors are charcoal gray, red, and ivory.  We'll see about which color for the BM dresses after fiance decides on either tuxes, black suits, or charcoal gray suits.  He wants to do charcoal gray suits, but he's worried about coordinating among groomsmen in the US and Australia...

So much to coordinate!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!  I'm January 25, 2013.  We have quite a bit done, and quite a bit left to go, too! 

We have a date/venue, a photographer, florist (easy, he's in the family), cake (again, family).  I have my dress and shoes, but no other accessories.   Half of the honeymoon flights are booked (going to multiple destinations) but no accomodations yet.   Hair and makeup people are booked.   Rehearsal dinner location is decided, but not officially booked yet.

Currently in the works are a JP and BM dresses.  Meeting with a JP tonight, and appt Saturday for bridesmaids.

Still need to figure out--DJ, ceremony musicians, invitations, rings, groomsmen outfits, bridal party gifts, hotel room block....basically everything else not listed above!  Yikes!

• We haven't made much progress in the last few months, other than mailing most of the STDs.  We need to get a contract and put down a deposit for the florist, pay the deposit for the photographer.  Caterer was done long ago, same with venue and officiant.  
    We're at a loss when it comes to music.  We're probably going to get a dj, but there are so many in NYC that narrowing it down is really hard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited May 2012
    I feel like I have a good handle on planning, but only because we actually found our venue and photographer before he proposed. It felt funny looking at venues and planning with no ring, but he proposed on Tuesday, yeah!!! So, now that we can tell people, planning will be easier and more fun. We have ordered our save the dates since the venue is already a lock. We need to hear back from ceremony site, but it is a verbal yes from them and if we needed to we could change it. Just starting to think colors, flowers, cake, invites. I have an appt to look at dresses at the end of June, that will be a fun day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our date is Jan. 12, 2013 and we've been engaged since Sept. 2011. Same here as PP, we booked our ceremony location and started looking at reception halls before he even proposed so that gave us a head start. I think we got a good bit done b/c we're trying to keep in mind that we're not going to count November or December as planning months due to holidays, so we're trying to get everything done and paid by then. We're ahead of the game every time I look at timelines. We already have the church, reception hall, photographer/video, D.J., photo booth, hair/makeup, hotel accommedations, rehearsal dinner, bachloratte beach getaway and honeymoon all booked. The bridesmaids dresses have been ordered and most are already in, my fiance and I have decided on tux styles. I also ordered my dress and it should be in next month (hopefully!) We already met with our deacon a few times and I have S.T.D's but not sending those out until early June. Right now we are in the process of booking limo service and florists. And we have an appt. next week to decide on the cake. After that it will be getting all the little details done. I know this was a long post but wanted to share. Smile
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_january-2013-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2f57fc38-beee-43b4-8bc0-eba207739302Post:4e1ac81e-f8bb-4fae-8dba-48eb93e263b3">Re: January 2013 Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our date is Jan. 12, 2013 and we've been engaged since Sept. 2011. Same here as PP, we booked our ceremony location and started looking at reception halls before he even proposed so that gave us a head start. I think we got a good bit done b/c we're trying to keep in mind that we're not going to count November or December as planning months due to holidays, so we're trying to get everything done and paid by then. We're ahead of the game every time I look at timelines. We already have the church, reception hall, photographer/video, D.J., photo booth, hair/makeup, hotel accommedations, rehearsal dinner, bachloratte beach getaway and honeymoon all booked. The bridesmaids dresses have been ordered and most are already in, my fiance and I have decided on tux styles. I also ordered my dress and it should be in next month (hopefully!) We already met with our deacon a few times and I have S.T.D's but not sending those out until early June. Right now we are in the process of booking limo service and florists. And we have an appt. next week to decide on the cake. After that it will be getting all the little details done. I know this was a long post but wanted to share.
    Posted by manda264[/QUOTE]

I am getting married the same day as you and I am no where near as organized as you, but you have inspired me. Especially after reading that you are not counting November and December as planning months because of the holidays. Good plan. I'm going to definitely keep that in mind, thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_january-2013-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2f57fc38-beee-43b4-8bc0-eba207739302Post:afd36c1d-1e5d-438d-ac61-e46fa3ed30a8">January 2013 Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]I officially joined the January 2013 club today!  Signed the contract for Jan 26.  Woo hoo!  I've been lurking on here for ages, hoping posts would pick up a little bit.  Here's a start! Where are you all in your planning?  What have you finished so far?  We are working on our save the dates now, so they'll be all out by the middle/end of next week.  And our party is heavy out of town (as in Australia out of town), so things are a bit complicated and I've been working on group airfares.  But we are a bit behind in everything else...  Anybody else feeling way behind?  Or do you feel on top of everything?  Would love to hear from you all!  :)
    Posted by melisrodis[/QUOTE]

Congrats! We're getting married on January 5, 2013. We're getting married about 40 minutes from our home in Costa Rica on a sailboat. Deposit paid on the boat, and next week we'll put down a deposit for the pre-wedding cocktail hour. Honeymoon to Peninsula de Osa is booked- plane tickets, hotel, activities.... everything! Wedding night hotel room will get booked this week. My dress is bought and I'll get it in two weeks in Panama. Save the dates have been sent... working on invite design and wording. Flowers & cake will wait till the December, because that's how Costa Rica is :o) My mom and some friends are coming from New York, so we're trying to plan early in order to give them the right details. I feel like we accomplish things in waves, though. Nothing at all for 3 weeks, then a whole bunch in a matter of days! This is typical of us, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everyone,

I had to change our wedding date, so I am offically getting married on January 19, 2013.
    We have booked:

reception
    DJ

I have my dress, jewelry, and other accessories. We met with our priest and start taking our Catholic classes next week. We have selected our caterer and waiting for them to send us the contract. I am meeting with make up and hair trial next month. We also picked our baker and will attend open house towards the end of August to select our cake. This week I sent a few inquiries on shuttle service and rental for my future hubby and me.

Now, I still have not looked at the invites or florist. We lost our photographer when we changed our wedding date, so we have to start over.

I may end up hiring a planner because it seems like there are things I should be addressing that I may have overlooked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards